Transfering data from old phone

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded over the weekend from a Droid Charge and I'm trying to figure out how to get my data over. I got my email, texts, and photos so all that's left is my game save data. I've looked around but many solutions require root or a program like Helium to transfer it. I'm not interested in the former and data cloud tools don't appear to be available on the Charge.

And equally frustrating is the some solutions only work for certain games. Suggestions?

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Helium free could still work for you, but it'll require that you manually copy your backed up data to a cloud account instead of the app doing it. I had a few issues getting the pc activation for rootless backups working, but reached out to Helium's support and they provided me this solution:

1. Install Helium desktop for Windows
2. Install Helium for Android on G2
3. Go here (LG LGVS980 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA), and download and install the USB driver that LG now has on their site (the default Windows driver won't suffice, even when using ethernet mode)
4. Plug the G2 into the USB cable connected to my PC, and switch to ethernet mode