Why mediocre specs compared to the 2x?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just checked out the Rev in store. I have to say I like it a lot! My main concerns are these..

1) While I am pretty sure I will most likely switch phones before my 2 year contract is up, how well do you think the phone will hold up tot he future?

Also, 2) Can I get rid of Bing? It sounds petty, but Bing is itself enough reason to make think twice about the phone.

1) If you plan on switching before the 2 years is up, it should be fine. It's pretty much identical in specs to the Thunderbolt and I plan on keeping my Thunderbolt until at least January or February.

2) The Revolution has already been rooted. I would make that the first thing you do so you aren't hesitate later simply because you don't want to lose your information. That's the main reason I haven't rooted my Thunderbolt yet. I'm sure I will after they push GB though.

rav20

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
1 hard to say phones come out so fast there will be better phones with in the next 3 months

2 well its already Rooted..and people are saying they have removed Bing already so yeah it can be done

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Didn't realize it was already rooted. That answers that question. I think I am going to get the Rev. I'm a little upset about the fact that my upgrade is only $50 now though. It has always been $100. I didn't realize that you weren't grandfathered in to that. Sometimes VZW totally sucks.

As long as battery life isn't Tbolt-esque... I'll be getting this phone.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Didn't realize it was already rooted. That answers that question. I think I am going to get the Rev. I'm a little upset about the fact that my upgrade is only $50 now though. It has always been $100. I didn't realize that you weren't grandfathered in to that. Sometimes VZW totally sucks.

As long as battery life isn't Tbolt-esque... I'll be getting this phone.

these are my feeling pretty much..I want to wait a few days to see battery life, and then I may pull the trigger!

jking3002

May 14, 2011
Visit site
There are already reports of the battery life over in the "Got my LG Revolution today" thread. So far everyone seems to be VERY pleased with this phone. I knew they would be. LG used to make the best dumbphones, and all their other electronics are top notch. I knew once they finally got into the smartphone game for real they would do it right. They seemed to take their time on this phone, and even though it might not be the best specing phone out there- it works, with no bugs so far, just like it should.