UI Walthrough and Unboxing

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
sweet, I wonder how hard it would be to remove bing for google, I find it wierd that an android phone would have bing set up like that....

*edit does the rear camera have a flash?

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Posting on both here and your site:)
Battery life, Battery life & Battery life:) I had a Tbolt for 12 days. Loved the UI and all of it's ops except certain VZ staple apps are not written for it. My Verizon for example and at the time NFL was not ready for it but it is now ( and no swype). I really like the Samsung Charge for Battery life and display is amazing, but the web browsing with Java in Auto is a problem with that phone and concerned me that on board available memory was only 1.7 or so. Now with the Rev, I need to know that the UI and web browsing is smooth even with Java enabled and need to know if it's going to suck battery like the Tbolt did. It's already thicker than the other two so an extended battery is going to make it really big. Not sure I will like that. Bing is not an issue for me if I can set Google as the home page on the browser. I do that on my BB now and that’s fine for me. Also, I understand that Google maps can be used in mobile browsers just fine now. Hope you can give us some good choices:) Thanks

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh and a bench mark test. I want to see a bench mark test even though some say it's not the be all end all of a phones processing power. The Tbolt can pull about an 1800 while the charge was a hair below 1000 in most tests. I feel like that translates into slower processing of the Java while browsing although I really have know idea. I saw a picture of the LG Rev on one of these sites, sporting a 2200 and I'd like to know if that is accurate. Thanks.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Saw it this morning at a store and the display looks fine. Looks just like the Tbolts which is really nice and bright although neither is as nice as the Charge display. For me it's best selling point would be the 12gb available of on board memory with 16gb card, but expandable to a 32 card. UI, Web browsing and you tube videos all ran smoothly, unlike the Charge which has some difficulties in those areas. I must mention though that the You tube videos did not take up the full screen on the Rev or Tbolt. However it did on the Charge and was so much clearer. Audio was way better on the Charge also. Real crisp highs for example. Look and listen for these differences when you go check them out and you'll see what I mean.

Also another thing I noticed that may interest some. You know how the micro usb charge port is on the side of a Tbolt and when in landscape mode watching a power hungry video, you can't plug in. Well both the Charge and the Rev allow you to watch video in landscape with either side down. The Tbolt will not rotate like that. I felt this was a plus because you can flip the phone and have the charge port up and charger plugged in while watching video in landscape mode. Very slick.

Just need to know about Battery now. Verizon specs show it to have only 435 min Talk which is good compared the Bolts 378 but not near as good and the Charge with 660 minutes. If you have to have an extended battery on this thing it’s going to get pretty large. Leaning towards a Charge.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Got mine and can't wait to get rolling with it tonight. I am very happy so far, and getting 12GB of internal storage with LTE is what I wanted more than an HTC device.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just curious about the USB and HDMI covers. I always have a silicone sleeve case on my phones to try to protect them from drops. It looks like that would be a pain with those doors with a silicone cover on.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The hard case I purchased has openings for it on the sides, I got it off eBay for $5.85 which is not bad for a plastic hard case with the rubberized coating ;) even if I go with another case down the line, one would spend that on a quick lunch vs $30 at Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress