Overall... how do you like the Revolution

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade time is now. Like this or the charge. What do you guys think. Which one would you go with. I am coming from a dinc. Or is the thunderbolt one I get?

Sent from my DINC using Tapatalk on CM7.

Yank731

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat...I've had an upgrade since Feb. and haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm looking at the 4G phones so I'll hopefully get grandfathered into unlimted data. Ruled out the Thunderbolt due to the poor battery so it's down to the Charge or Revolution. I played with them both at the Verizon store and right now I'm leaning towards the Charge. Not crazy about the shape but the screen is gorgeous.

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I don;t like the shape of the Charge either.. i will have to play with them more today and make my decision.. though i am leaning toward the revolution.

EaglesFANdroidPHAN

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the charge....swapped it for the revo. Glad I did , already have a tbolt and old targa. Revo in my opinion is more responsive, faster, no hang ups in screen switching. Physical buttons in my opinion are a design fail for numerous longevity reasons not to mention cracks for stuff to get in your phone. The lock unlock button I liked better on top. Only thing I liked about the charge is the screen. Coming from a droid incredible , the revo screen is good enough. I rooted the revo for my first ever root experience and took off some apps I didnt need and this optimus UI is much better than touchwizin my opinion. LG widgets are more impressive and usable too. I hope devs and accessory manufacturers start to work on the device soon. 756 mb of ram is always a plus over 512mb and im partial to the new snapdragon chip over the sluggishbird on the charge

Reactions: orchidsbloom

EaglesFANdroidPHAN

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Also, forgot to add, the stock browser is better on the revo, I know many use third party, but I like stock at least for a few days before I go dolphin hd or xscope

EaglesFANdroidPHAN

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Revo it is then... heading there in about 30 minutes.. I am excited!! :)

Awesome buddy! If you have a corp discount or business discount on your verizon bill youll get it for <250 depends on your bus account. Also, I really enjoy the wireless chargin pad by lg verizon sales as an option for the revo. You will not de dissapointed in your decision, I like where LG is going lately

Jasbo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
you'll be glad you got it! I love my Revo and its definately much more snappy then the Charge and significantly more reliable then the Tbolt and Charge both...

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Awesome buddy! If you have a corp discount or business discount on your verizon bill youll get it for <250 depends on your bus account. Also, I really enjoy the wireless chargin pad by lg verizon sales as an option for the revo. You will not de dissapointed in your decision, I like where LG is going lately

With my corp discount i got 50 off the 200. and then with a case and tax it was like 222 out the door which isn't too bad to me. So far i like it.. i have to root it yet and get the extra crap off and i need to install and setup ADW EX on it so i can have my screens back.

So Far So Good... I really like it..

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
With my corp discount i got 50 off the 200. and then with a case and tax it was like 222 out the door which isn't too bad to me. So far i like it.. i have to root it yet and get the extra crap off and i need to install and setup ADW EX on it so i can have my screens back.

So Far So Good... I really like it..

sweet, plan to look at it tonight after work, I forgot about the corp discount I have on my account, so I will get it a tad cheaper still....

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The other cool thing that happend was they left my super cheap old alltell plan on my account so i keep my super cheap unlimited data with unlimited texts too.. and she said it will be good when 4g comes out.. I hope she didn't just tell me what i wanted to hear.. but until 4g comes to RDU we will keep our cheap plan..

loafmaster

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I got the charge....swapped it for the revo. Glad I did , already have a tbolt and old targa. Revo in my opinion is more responsive, faster, no hang ups in screen switching. Physical buttons in my opinion are a design fail for numerous longevity reasons not to mention cracks for stuff to get in your phone. The lock unlock button I liked better on top. Only thing I liked about the charge is the screen. Coming from a droid incredible , the revo screen is good enough. I rooted the revo for my first ever root experience and took off some apps I didnt need and this optimus UI is much better than touchwizin my opinion. LG widgets are more impressive and usable too. I hope devs and accessory manufacturers start to work on the device soon. 756 mb of ram is always a plus over 512mb and im partial to the new snapdragon chip over the sluggishbird on the charge

Does the Revolution really have 756 ram? I can't seem to find this information on any specs page so I just assumed it had 512 ram just like the droid charge.

I am debating between Revolution and Charge as well. This will be my first android phone so I am new to all this. When people say they are worried that developers won't work on this phone because its not as popular, what do they mean? We won't get as many apps? I thought android apps work for all android phones? Or does each developer of an app/game/program have to create a separate version for each phone (meaning the revo will get neglected due to its poor marketing)?

EaglesFANdroidPHAN

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the whole developer deal is for root users only, if you don't know what root is then read up on it. Its like jail breaking an iphone... I read it had 768 ram... Guess not, still faster than the charge in my opinion

funlap38

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Loving mine after about a week of use. No 4G in my area, so I don't have a real idea of what the battery is like, but without 4g, this thing has better life than my old Droid Eris. Just waiting for some custom roms before I root.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I got my Rev yesterday and I love it so far. I went from a Dinc to the Rev.

So far I've found the Rev to be much more responsive and fluid. The screen is great, much brighter than the Dinc or Tbolt at full brightness. I don't know where some of the reviews are coming from with their criticism.

The battery life is better than my Dinc as well. I've had it off the charger for around 8hrs and it is at 43%. This is using 4G all day to surf, download apps, made a few calls and email. I'd say moderate to heavy usage.

By the way if you didn't know, 4G is fast! I've been speedtesting and the worst result I've gotten was 7Mbps. The fastest I've clocked so far is 13Mbps at my house. I'm in southwestern CT.

Like I said, I've only had it a day, so I'll update as the days go along.

agentorange

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine two days ago and I'm really happy with it so far. the screen looks better than the thunderbolts in my opinion. Also has hdmi out which i haven't actually tested yet. battery life is way better than i was expecting. i unplugged at noon yesterday and it not only lasted me through the workday, i was able to go until 4am before i got to 10% battery. This is with making a couple phonecacalls, texting throughout he day and about an hour of web browsing all with 4g on and the screen on auto brightness. one thing i really like about this phone is the fact that all the software doesn't run constantly in the background. my old LG vortex had all the junk apps automating even after i force closed them. on my revo there is nothing running in the background besides the system processes and several things I've installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87