NFC tags, I thought they were programmable???

ninelives1972

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
It seems pretty limited with what came with the phone. One car tag and one office tag. The customization that can be done with those two tags seem very limited. Am I missing something???
It seems like a great concept, just not implemented very well.
Would I have to buy LG specific NFC tags to use with this phone?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to buy any sort of proprietary NFC tags. However, some tags are rewritable and some are not, and some tags have larger storage capabilities and can therefore store more NDEF (NFC Data Exchange Format) data than others.

Tagstand offers some nice tags which have all worked for me.

balou88

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello Nine lives!
You can do quite a lot of things, check out some nice use cases right here. NFC Use Cases
But you're right for now it's stilla great concept but not perfectly implemented :)

For the NFC tag with a LG phone, you can basically used every NFC forum compliant type tag. Check them on NFC Tags from IdentiveNFC.com. They do have pretty cool design and high quality!

balou88

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
NFC Task Launcher is not perfect but it's definitely by far the best android app for NFC encoding.
There is still a lot of possibilities missing though, but it works perfectly anyhow.

How did you get those free tags? just by downloading Task Launcher? or did you apply for there cloud based platform?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty