Warranty follow device or line it was purchased on?

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking into purchasing the note 3 on an non unlimited line and then put back my flip phone on that line and move the note 3 onto an unlimited line. If I was to purchase the total equipment plan would it still be active if I was to do this ? Thanks for your help !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking into purchasing the note 3 on an non unlimited line and then put back my flip phone on that line and move the note 3 onto an unlimited line. If I was to purchase the total equipment plan would it still be active if I was to do this ? Thanks for your help !

TEC covers the active device at time of peril on the covered line.

In your case, so long as you have TEC on your unlimited line then it would be covered
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
TEC covers the active device at time of peril on the covered line.

In your case, so long as you have TEC on your unlimited line then it would be covered
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I currently don't have TEC on my unlimited line. It wouldn't be possible after transferring note 3 to unlimited line to purchase TEC for it on that line so long as it's within 30 days of purchase as one member pointed out? Thanks !

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I currently don't have TEC on my unlimited line. It wouldn't be possible after transferring note 3 to unlimited line to purchase TEC for it on that line so long as it's within 30 days of purchase as one member pointed out? Thanks !
You can add TEC or the Asurion insurance to a line as long as the phone you have on the line was purchased within the last 30 days. So switching the phone to an unlimited data line after purchasing on another line is fine. Just call within 30 days of purchasing the device and they can add the insurance to the unlimited data line.

I just did this last night.

Also, Verizon has open enrollment every now and then if you miss the 30 day window.

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
You can add TEC or the Asurion insurance to a line as long as the phone you have on the line was purchased within the last 30 days. So switching the phone to an unlimited data line after purchasing on another line is fine. Just call within 30 days of purchasing the device and they can add the insurance to the unlimited data line.

I just did this last night.

Also, Verizon has open enrollment every now and then if you miss the 30 day window.

Thanks ! I will do that once I purchase a another note 3. Verizon's open enrollment ended on dec 2nd sadly :(. I will be more proactive in getting insurance for future purchases though. Not till recently had I ever had issues with any phone that was beyond repairing/fixing myself.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks ! I will do that once I purchase a another note 3. Verizon's open enrollment ended on dec 2nd sadly :(. I will be more proactive in getting insurance for future purchases though. Not till recently had I ever had issues with any phone that was beyond repairing/fixing myself.
They had it twice this past year. First Jan-Mar and then again Oct-Dec so you may not have to wait too long.