Bluetooth stereo not stereo!

maya707

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Maybe someone has experienced this. I just got an LG Tone HBS-700 stereo bluetooth headset as a gift. It pairs and plays music with my Vzw Note 3 but in mono only. Both earpieces are working, but the sound is in mono, not stereo. I have tried the native Music app and also jetAudio. Wired headsets work fine; just this bluetooth one has issues. Is this a "setting" issue or a hardware issue? Thanks ahead!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On your phone, go to Settings>Wireless & Networks, tap Bluetooth, then tap the settings icon right next to the headphones in question. Under "Profiles," make sure "Media Audio" is checked. If only "Phone Audio" is checked, then it might be streaming mono because it doesn't need such high fidelity.

maya707

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Tried that yesterday also. Same. I'll diagnose the hard way by pairing other devices with both of them and check how they play. I'll post the results tonight or tomorrow. Thanks B. Diddy!

maya707

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
OK, my headset works fine with both my old Bionic and my wife's Note 3. Must be either a defective phone or an improper setting. I think I checked all the possible settings...any other suggestions anyone?

maya707

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
FIXED! In settings/accessibility/hearing I had mono audio checked. The description of this selection is to switch to mono audio when using a mono headset. I assumed it was meant for wired mono headsets. There is no mention of it's effects on bluetooth headsets whether monoraul or stereo.

dhruv990

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
FIXED! In settings/accessibility/hearing I had mono audio checked. The description of this selection is to switch to mono audio when using a mono headset. I assumed it was meant for wired mono headsets. There is no mention of it's effects on bluetooth headsets whether monoraul or stereo.

Signed up just to say thank you!
I bought 3 different bluetooth receivers (returnable luckily) wondering why nothing was working. Tried this and got stereo audio :D

Lucas_Kun

Feb 22, 2022
Visit site
Fixed it for me as well. Give this guy a medal!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty