Thinking of switching phones.....please help

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking about getting the Note3 as well. It might just be time to put my Blackberry Z10 out of its misery.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
If anything, wait for the S5.

I came from the GS2, the larger size of the Note 3 was an initial concern. No worries now. Everyone who doesn't have one says 'what a big phone'. Those of us who have one all say to everyone else, 'what a tiny phone you have'. It didn't take long for the size not to be an issue.

spencerdl - blow up that Blackberry. After the learning curve, you'll only be mad you didn't switch sooner. :)

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I came from the GS2, the larger size of the Note 3 was an initial concern. No worries now. Everyone who doesn't have one says 'what a big phone'. Those of us who have one all say to everyone else, 'what a tiny phone you have'. It didn't take long for the size not to be an issue.

spencerdl - blow up that Blackberry. After the learning curve, you'll only be mad you didn't switch sooner. :)

Thanks, but I had a SG3 for about 6 months, so the learning curve should come easy...SMILE

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
My employer upgraded my work phone from a Razr Maxx to a Droid Ultra. Still not even in the same league as my Note 3. I don't think I'll ever want to downsize phones. I've had this thing for 5 months and I still love it as much as when I first bought it. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have never had any issues getting through a day with my S4 and I usually get two days with a little over 6 hours of screen time, but I guess it could be a letdown if you're coming from a Maxx.
The Note 3 is a big phone, but you're not going to use it with one hand, so you should get used to it pretty quick

Posted via Android Central App

Not quite true. I probably do 90-95% of my Note 3 tasks with one hand. If you have smaller hands you may have issues.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Can't put the note series in comparison to the s series. The spen is a huge addition and well worth it. I prefer over the s series.

Nackles

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from a iphone4s and I am going to get either the Note 3 or the s5. My only concern about the note 3 is size as well. This iphone is like a little baby phone compared to that big daddy. Did anyone come from a really small phone to the note? I know that this would be a significantly bigger step than ex. a s3 or DroidMaxx to a note 3.

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the Razr Maxx too. My upgrade is tomorrow. I plan to get the Note 3. I am excited after doing a lot of research the battery seems awesome. The one thing that has me worried is the talk of the signal not being as good. It seems it was back when it first came out and an update in Nov helped the issue. I live in an area with pretty good signal but there is some laps in 4G towers. I am just curious how the signal strength seems to be doing now. I know I can use it and always return it but the Note 3 is really the only phone I am interested in right now.

Last edited:

KiwiGrrl

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I am coming from a iphone4s and I am going to get either the Note 3 or the s5. My only concern about the note 3 is size as well. This iphone is like a little baby phone compared to that big daddy. Did anyone come from a really small phone to the note? I know that this would be a significantly bigger step than ex. a s3 or DroidMaxx to a note 3.

I came over from the iPhone 5. Got my first call on it as I was leaving Verizon and felt like I was holding a dinner plate to my head. By the end of the day, I knew I could never go back. I pick up my son's iPhone 4S or my iPod now and spend the entire time screwing up the typing and squinting at the tiny screen.

... sent from the road

amikeg57

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I got my Note 3 two weeks ago, previous phone Razr Maxx. Love the Note 3 even though I'm not getting the same battery life. My wife has a Razr Maxx and swore she would never get a Note 3. It took 5 min playing with the Note 3 for her to change her mind.

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I got my Note 3 two weeks ago, previous phone Razr Maxx. Love the Note 3 even though I'm not getting the same battery life. My wife has a Razr Maxx and swore she would never get a Note 3. It took 5 min playing with the Note 3 for her to change her mind.

Curious how much of a difference in the battery are you seeing?

amikeg57

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
about a 15-20% difference. I can still get through the day but I don't have the buffer that I would have using the Razr. However, the trade off for me is acceptable. The Note's screen and speed is I was wanting. Plus, with the Note 3 you can change out the battery if you need to do so, while with the Razr you couldn't do that.

Nackles

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I came over from the iPhone 5. Got my first call on it as I was leaving Verizon and felt like I was holding a dinner plate to my head. By the end of the day, I knew I could never go back. I pick up my son's iPhone 4S or my iPod now and spend the entire time screwing up the typing and squinting at the tiny screen.

... sent from the road

HAHAHA, that dinner plate line made me crack up. I passed on the Note 3 because I found a coworker selling a month old S4. I got it with an otter box for 300 and I still have an upgrade. Just going from my iPhone to my S4 is a huge difference in size. Maybe my 8 months with this will get me ready for the Note 4 :)

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

S5 vs note 3? Lets just say im getting the note 3. Yes the s5 is newer it has a little better processor,kit kat,newer version of touchwiz and a 16MP cam but still the note 3 is leap bounds better imo.

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had the note 3 since Friday and I'm in love. This is a great phone! I am super impressed with the battery life and I came from a RAZR Maxx! I took the phone off the charger at 6am and here at 7pm I'm at 75% left. The standby battery life is sweet on this thing hardly loses anything when I'm not using it. Calls are clear good reception and this baby is super fast. So far I could not be happier!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I see a huge difference in many things coming from the Note2. And I loved that phone. But the Note3 does more. Faster. Even the screen is better for me in daylight.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the Razr Maxx too. My upgrade is tomorrow. I plan to get the Note 3. I am excited after doing a lot of research the battery seems awesome. The one thing that has me worried is the talk of the signal not being as good. It seems it was back when it first came out and an update in Nov helped the issue. I live in an area with pretty good signal but there is some laps in 4G towers. I am just curious how the signal strength seems to be doing now. I know I can use it and always return it but the Note 3 is really the only phone I am interested in right now.

Moto radios have always been better than Samsung. I was worried when I came from the Razr. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, although, at work, the difference is fairly big. I guess it's location dependent. Fortunately, I can see my cell phone tower from my house, so it's 5 bars all the way.