Verizon Note 3: When will we have KitKat?

Multanii YO

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: When will verizon let us have kitkat?

Be interested to know what department you work for, because they already have KitKat on their entire Droid line, Moto X and HTC one. There aren't a whole lot of bugs to work out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

I have an HTC One on Verizon and KitKat really didnt do much of anything other than screw up my phone. It was virtually perfect the way it was. Now its laggy and gives errors here and there.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

As I said, not an expert in this area; just a guess on my part. Clearly from your "But not so drastically that it takes long to work out" statement you know more about this than I do. Curious where you get your information from?

Yes each version has its own tweaks for sure. But not so drastically that it takes long to work out. The Droid line got KitKat rather quickly after Motorola released it to Verizon. I was just interested in the department said person works for that he/she would have such information.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

As I said, not an expert in this area; just a guess on my part. Clearly from your "But not so drastically that it takes long to work out" statement you know more about this than I do. Curious where you get your information from?

From research, knowing people in the industry (Google, Verizon and Samsung) and knowing the process of how mobile programming works. Although you may be right about how long it will be, because Verizon is notoriously slow on releasing OTA updates, but it's not because of bugs, otherwise they would not have put it out on the Motorola line and HTC One already. It's kind of there thing, just like they will be the last one to release the S5.

I wasn't trying to start a fight either. Just wondering if you knew officially since you said you worked for Verizon. Was hoping you had some good news for us. :)

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
All I want is kitkat to fix the stupid wifi issue. Android is the only device I have noticed has wifi issues like these. I have new routers and it doesn't fix the issue. Either they have a weak TX and RX radio or the software is not handling the connection properly. I'm sick of it telling me it's connected. It seems to be connected even when it says it's connected again. I have turned off the data and still have no issue browsing the Internet. Hopefully kitkat has the fix.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion (I have a 2013 Nexus 7 and a Verizon Droid Ultra [for work] both on Kit Kat) going from Jelly Bean to Kit Kat is not a drastic change so other than fixing the WiFi issue there is no reason to be impatient.

If forced to guess when we'd see the update on our Note 3 I'd say May.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully Samsung will allow lock screen widgets (dashclock) on lock screens with patterns or PIN passwords after the update.

please back away from the screen

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I work for Verizon and they do not plan on releasing it until most of the bugs are dealt with. After all, one of the main reasons people switch carriers is because of issues with their phones. Verizon just likes to keep that to a minimum.

Posted via Android Central App

I may be wrong, and if so I apologize, but either way, I've learned to be suspect until I find a way to know this information for sure.

In the end, no one who "knows" when the update is coming is right until they've been proven right as the update came when they said it was going to come and it wasn't a lucky guess. Call me jaded...

Oh, and I've been hearing it is next week. (It's always next week... no matter what phone, what carrier, what update, what reasons, and anything else. Next week.)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Given we are talking about Verizon, you can expect Kit Kat about 2-3 months AFTER every other carrier puts it out. While I don't doubt their intent to be the best at QC, they actually do more damage to the OS by injecting their bloatware and crap add-ons that are hated by all. The only reason they have the customer base is the networks reliability, its certainly NOT their CS, QC or Mgt. I know a lot of people internally there and trust me its not about QC its about control. They want you to buy the current phone and they don't like to spend money on updating and support updates.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I work for Verizon and they do not plan on releasing it until most of the bugs are dealt with. After all, one of the main reasons people switch carriers is because of issues with their phones. Verizon just likes to keep that to a minimum.

I love Verizon as much as the next for their quality of service but from my experience this isn't true. The only thing Verizon successfully does is add a ton of bloatware.

Again, just my opinion.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I love Verizon as much as the next for their quality of service but from my experience this isn't true. The only thing Verizon successfully does is add a ton of bloatware.

Again, just my opinion.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Pretty much this in my opinion also.

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
New to my note 3 (into my second week) which is supper smooth and very responsive in comparison to previous phones (I'm coming from the Droid razr). There was a time when a software upgrade brought with it dramatic changes and improved user experience. My questions are, will kit kat dramatically improve what seems to me to be an awesome device already? What are the reported bugs in the current os which will be addressed in kit kat? I'm content so far and afraid an update might be a step back or sideways at best...

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am not having any issues with my Note3. I have heard issues with KitKat. Verizon won't release a bad update. I sold wireless 5 yrs. I am glad they don't release updates immediately.
why have something that's a problem?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I am not having any issues with my Note3. I have heard issues with KitKat. Verizon won't release a bad update. I sold wireless 5 yrs. I am glad they don't release updates immediately.
why have something that's a problem?

Ha 2 years ago Verizon released an update for my phone at the time (LG intuition) and it completely fried it! 6 month old device was perfectly fine until they killed it with the update. Then they sent me a refurbished device. I was very upset. So yeah they can release bad updates! I'm glad this doesn't happen often because it was pretty bad.

sent from my Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87