4.4.2 KitKat Update - First Impressions

JoeInCT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update this morning. Too soon to give an opinion but will do so by the end of the day.

I'm hoping the camera functions better in medium and low light conditions.

What are your first impressions and experiences??? Does it fix anything for you? Break anything?

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update this morning. Too soon to give an opinion but will do so by the end of the day.

I'm hoping the camera functions better in medium and low light conditions.

What are your first impressions and experiences??? Does it fix anything for you? Break anything?

I'm only seeing a marginal improvement in performance but this phone has been stellar since day 1...I'm just the kind of guy that likes updating just to be updating....lol. I haven't experienced any SD card issues as well so I'm Good.:cool:

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I've noticed is battery and signal strength icons changed and you have to specify a messaging app. Also that FoxFi seems to work now (at least for now until Verizon breaks it again).

Posted via Android Central App

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Battery life does seem somewhat improved. Not a huge difference but RAM usage is down.

Like others mentioned, everything thing is white across the top now.

I don't know if the rain storm that just past through the area is the cause. But my signal strength is down and 4G performance has dropped a little. Will try again later from a different location.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Clearly it was a tower issue. Had some normal or greater speeds when at lunch on what should have been a different tower

JoeInCT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
First problem I've noticed: My phone won't charge when connected to my laptop via the USB port anymore. Had to switch to the plug-in USB power adapter.

Last edited:

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hate not being able to no longer edit and save documents stored on my SDcard.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

RetNavy

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I got my update last night. The only thing I see thus far is I'm getting 3G more often now. Grrrrrrrr! Not real happy with that.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got my update this morning 6 am here in South Florida....

It took about 10 minutes and no problems. 😊😀

I'll report later if I see any problems.....

7unyvu8u.jpg

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
My download is happening right now at McDonalds and seems like it's taking forever!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

honu85

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with the multi screen? Mine is dividing the screen like it used to.

christianstepnow

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I updated my galaxy s4 (gt-i9505) about 2 month ago via OTA. Since than I have a very strange problem. Without any reason and randomly I loose the sound. Lockscreen sound, ringtone, or any other sound. After rebooting my device everything works fine for a couple of hours or min. depending on the day. I have done several factory resets and even flashed a few differnet roms, still having the same problem. I really don't know what to do any more. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone seems a bit faster and more responsive and battery life has improved. I also like the white icons.

Overall, this seems like it was a very minor update. I think that the people who freaking out over their perceived delay of this update now understand why I was laughing at them.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

einfachzeit

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree with most of the other posters. Other than a notification status bar color change and even MORE added bloatwear I see virtually no change. Oh well.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed any difference in how the SD card works.

If you have word and excel type documents stored on your SDcard, you can no longer edit and save them using apps like Documents To Go, as well as other office apps.
All files on the SDcard are now Read Only. You can only edit and save your changes if they're moved to the internal memory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo