"Internet has stopped working" on stock browser since lollipop

chris06ob

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. Just updated to lollipop. Everytime I try to use the stock Internet browser, it crashes and I get an error stating that "unfortunately, Internet has stopped working". Any suggestions? Or anyone else experiencing this? I've already wiped wiped cache partition from recovery and am extremely hesitant to do a master reset(I'm a lazy SOB) I'm completely stock and unrooted. Any insight and/or assistance would be much appreciated!

chris06ob

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, none of those option were successful :( Any other suggestions? Or am I going to have to put on my big boy pants and master reset my phone?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It was suggested by someone to uninstall updates on the "Android webview" app in app manager and don't reinstall it until the reviews get better...It seems to be causing crashes of many apps as well as browser...couldn't hue to try. You can always just reinstall the updates if that's not the problem.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues with the Internet on my notes browser... you know CHOME? Why would anyone use the stock browser, it's been junk for years. I am actually upset you can't disable it, and disable the stock email app. Errr. I don't use either, and in kitkat you could disable them both... at least I can still disable the stock sms app. I just don't understand why anyone would use non-google apps vs Samsung apps. By all means, the os was developed to work with Google stack apps, not the 2.3 froyo open source apps. I don't want to hear that because it's a Samsung that you need Samsung apps to work... I disable all that I can (s-voice, s-find, ect. ) if Google has their own app for that, if Sammy will allow it to be disabled. I don't use the stock clock, there is no setting that allows the alarm to go longer that 3 minutes. I use clock L for my alarm app. I use chronus for my clock and and calendar because it allows me to select the tap actions I want like Google calendar or clock L for clock settings. Mostly I like TouchWiz but some apps just are not up to speed with the correct options. I cannot stand a widget that doesn't let me resize or use the service I want (stock weather goes to Web version of accu weather) when of course weather bug is my weather app. I want to tell my phone what I want it to do. It's my choice. Here is my 5.0 home screen...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-02-22-23-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-02-22-23-44.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 6

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My dialer goes to landscape but I don't use a dock. Is it only when you dock it that it doesn't?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-03-09-11-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-03-09-11-14.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty