What's app sound stopped working on S22 ultra

Friendofbil

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
I have a US version of the S22 ultra and am using it on the O2 network in Germany.

My What's App sound has stopped working. I've done every suggested fix, from uninstalling apps, clearing cache, and checking for updates. Also, My Chrome browser won't display internet tabs anymore, it only shows the actual web address for all open pages.

Nothing has helped so far. If you have any recommendations, Id be truly grateful!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you only talking about WhatsApp notification sounds, or also WhatsApp voice calls or media playback?

Also, can you show us a screenshot of how Chrome looks to you? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. (Unfortunately, the forum software is being buggy about posting images -- you may have to use the Tapatalk-based AC Forums app, or an Imgur link.)

Friendofbil

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
Hi, thank you for the message. I have already tried this fix a few different times and no success. I'm at the point where I think I'm going to back up my data, then factory reset my device. It's been so frustrating!

Friendofbil

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
Here is a picture of the Google Chrome issue. It used to show the preview of the website in a Tab view, but the recent update caused it to look like this now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221104-184205_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104-184205_Chrome.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 19

Friendofbil

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
I posted the pictures of the Google Chrome issue below. I hope you may be able to help, but if not, I'm gonna have to reset the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see that you have the Accessibility Menu turned on -- what if you turn that off?

Also, try clearing the app cache/data for Chrome in Settings>Apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thank you for the message. I have already tried this fix a few different times and no success. I'm at the point where I think I'm going to back up my data, then factory reset my device. It's been so frustrating!
Im sorry could you be more clear what you mean "you already tried this fix "?

Friendofbil

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
Wow! Your suggestions to turn off the accessibility menu worked! I can't believe that worked, but it did! Now if I could get the notification sou ds to work for what's app, I'd be golden! Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad that worked! Regarding WhatsApp notification sounds, have you already tried changing the sound to something else? (Let me know if you need instructions on how to do that.)