Hold Out for 32GB or 64GB Galaxy S4 on Verizon? Any Sign of 32GB Verizon??

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Confirmed?? *NO 32GB Galaxy S4 On Verizon EVER* ??

Just another reason I am leaving Verizon. Their pathetic attempt to tell us that cloud storage is the answer to a lack of internal app storage is a joke. I am NOT interested in going over my data every monty or having to manage apps I carry.

I hate to say it but if AT&T decides to screw us as well despite the 32GB Coming Soon on their page my only options are to order an non-LTE version or get th HTC One which is not what I want.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I was in the Verizon store on 42nd street this AM to get a replacement case for my SGS3. I asked about the S4 and if they really won't have a 32GB version...

The woman that helped me told me, "Why would you care about that when you can just put an SD card in it? No big deal."

I told her, "Because it comes with only 8GB free for apps and you can't move apps to the card."

She tells me, "That's not right... Lots of apps can be moved to to the card."

I say, "actually you can not... Even if you root which I do not want to do it is still difficult."

She tells me, "I move apps all the time on my Note 2. It's easy."

What am I missing?

At least the guy who worked there said, "You mean there are only 8GB free out of the box? Really?? Wow that's not much.
At least he had a clue.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How ignorant. My Note 2 LTE was unable to save apps to the sd card. But it is not just apps that cause a problem. Google Play cache can be huge as well as Play Music. App caches can easily mount up.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon staff seem to be all on the same page of misinformation. Collective ignorance, or an agenda.......?

Seems a defensive tactic to me, based on the apparent uniform level of ignorance.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You should have her show you how those apps are moved back and forth to and from the micoSD card. There is no option to do it and she is clueless.

SpenceJT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same situation. I'm currently with Verizon using a 32gb Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I use my phone equally for work & play, so I've got a great deal of applications, as well as photos, music etc.

In checking out the S4 at my local Corporate Verizon store, I asked about getting the 64gb version, and when it was available. The woman said that I don't need anything more than 16gb, and that I could expand upon that by adding an SD card and offload applications to it. I kindly explained to her that this can no longer be done, and she argued that it could. I asked her to show me, and she said that she had no SD card with which to demo (facepalm), then stuck to her story.

I refuse to believe that Verizon's CSR staff can be purposefully/willfully miss-leading, and that they must be parroting the information that they have been told to feed their customers.

Later in the day I visited my local Best Buy, and was informed that they have no information as to when, but both the 32 and 64gb S4s are coming.

I've got time, so I'll wait until I receive confirmation one way or the other, or find the next "superphone".

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
There is only 9gb free out of box with the S4. Just six of my Gameloft games will fill that up, so I will wait for a Verizon 32gb or stay with my S3 32gb. I tested the S4 out today and it is very nice, so hoping corporate people come to their senses. The stock answer from both At&t and Verizon sales people is "you can install apps to the sd card or cloud". I am unfortunately being serious.

I have the Samsung Note 2 by Verizon. I had to delete a couple large hi-def games (eg: Asphalt 6 and 7), which took up over 1 to 2 GB each. Even after deleting these large games, I'm still down to 2 GB left of internal storage. I have many apps installed in my internal memory. Worse, every time all these many apps do updates through Google Play store, those updates also chew up what little internal storage is left. I'm at a point where I don't feel like doing anymore app updates! I too am wary of buying anymore phones with only 16GB of internal storage, which really means only 12GB (or less) is usable. Even my Sandisk Ultra 64GB micro-SD card is already half filled up with videos, pics, songs, docs. I'd happily pay an extra $100 for a 64GB internal storage phone. If I were you, I'd wait to see if a larger internal storage model comes out.

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
In my local Carphonewarehouse store , the demo Samsung S4 had 7.8gb free. Of which it showed 4.3gb had been used up by a few apps and games. I mean the phone was empty of extra apps. This phone is severely crippled by Samsung at 16gb. It should have never been sold with this tiny size memory.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
9. whatever usable storage is idiotic and a slap in the face to Samsung customers. Slow and unreliable SD cards that you have to root to use properly are additional cost and are not a solution. Really pathetic Samsung.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
9. whatever usable storage is idiotic and a slap in the face to Samsung customers. Slow and unreliable SD cards that you have to root to use properly are additional cost and are not a solution. Really pathetic Samsung.

Again, apps2sd does not work with this OS. The only solution is more internal storage.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
In my local Carphonewarehouse store , the demo Samsung S4 had 7.8gb free. Of which it showed 4.3gb had been used up by a few apps and games. I mean the phone was empty of extra apps. This phone is severely crippled by Samsung at 16gb. It should have never been sold with this tiny size memory.

Only 7.8GB of free internal store?!? Geez, I think I'd run out of memory.........like yesterday!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You will and there in lies the rub. You have to manage your apps, d/l new ones, delete old ones and d/l new ones again, all the while chewing through your data plan unless you are on a WiFi connection. It sucks and its poor planning. Samsung should have told the US Carriers they are only offering a 32GB version, in fact they shouldn't even be making a 16GB version this would greatly reduce the problem.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The only reason these companies are putting such a low limit on data is that they want you to go over. I'd be willing to bet that not many carriers will get the 64gb version.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I remember my OG droid and I think it had 256mb. That was annoying when I kept bumping up against the install limits :/

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that on VZWs website they are now pre-selling the S4 with "16GB" in the headline name of the phone. That clear distinction, which no other phone seems to have, clearly suggests they are going to be selling a 32GB model.
I will be cancelling my preorder and continuing to suffer with my Galaxy Nexus until the 32GB is available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty