Wifi calling?

GB333

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Does Verizon not allow Wifi calling? I know the phone is supposed to have the ability - but when I go to turn it on, it's not there. Anyone know how to turn this on?

ps. I GOT MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Talkatone (free. In the App Store ) uses your Google Voice number to make free U.S. calls over WiFi. They also have an iOS version, which works great on the iPad.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think any verizon phone ever was able to wifi call out of the box without some sort of app. I may be wrong but don't recall this being one of the features on their devices.

cpandafeng

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure that only T-mobile is the only US carrier to support native wifi calling without any app. Its a shame, since it should be a feature every carrier has. Other carriers make you buy a Femtocell (an official repeater of sorts) which sucks.

GB333

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the information, everyone! I did have t-mobile for the past 8 years, so I guess I just thought everyone had it. Bummer! But thankfully I have better coverage with Verizon so hopefully I won't need it.

97trakin

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Sprint allows it also. I use it on both my Note 3 and One Max.
Pretty sure that only T-mobile is the only US carrier to support native wifi calling without any app. Its a shame, since it should be a feature every carrier has. Other carriers make you buy a Femtocell (an official repeater of sorts) which sucks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer