Blocking feature missing?

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I was watching videos about all the cool S4 features and noticed the one called Blocking. Too bad I can't find it in my phone.

Friend with Verizon S4 also missing it but friend with Sprint version has it.

Any clue if we have it and where it is?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Many of the early video reviews where with the Sprint version... @ttrimmer is correct, there are even some blog's that talk about some of the differences between some of the different providers.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
And from what I understand (maybe someone can confirm) the app that can be used with the S3 to add blocking mode does not work on the S4 - at least not right now. But I'm sure it'll be a matter of time before something does.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Not blocking mode in particular, but over tinkering of the OS is one of the several reasons I just left big red.

Posted via Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Not blocking mode in particular, but over tinkering of the OS is one of the several reasons I just left big red.

Posted via Android Central App

Can you post a screen shot of your toggles? Just curious as to what is there versus Verizon.

thepsychorabbit

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had read this post before, I went to my local Verizon store and was told that they could not open up blocking mode for me. Read another post about Quickshortcutmaker, there is newer version out and it does work on the Gs4.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Blocking mode is available and works in the latest Verizon firmware update, but you do need to use a shortcut creator to access it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
What short cut creator are you referring to? I have the latest update.

Blocking mode is available and works in the latest Verizon firmware update, but you do need to use a shortcut creator to access it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

MiDoJo

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Blocking mode is accessible in 4.3 via the notification panel and settings and can be triggered by any app that uses samsung profile switches (such as secure settings)