Settings/More Networks/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names/LTE Verizon Internet?

travelingfool

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Settings/More Networks/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names/LTE Verizon Internet

Should this be checked or unchecked and why? I read another post in which the OP was told by a VZW CSR to check that box, but mine has been unchecked by default since I've had the phone and everything works great.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Then I wouldn't worry about it until you do have a problem. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I doubt you'll get any more speed with the other settings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

travelingfool

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Agreed on all points, but all speculation aside, I am still curious as to what the setting is for.

Sent from my VZW GS4 via the Android Central Forums app

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Try it, if it doesn't do anything switch it back. Don't think it would do anything permanent to your device.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
The setting is for switching APNs when trying to use data abroad. Verizon had that locked down though. So far only option is to root.

Posted from my VZW Galaxy S4 via the Android Central App

travelingfool

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The setting is for switching APNs when trying to use data abroad. Verizon had that locked down though. So far only option is to root.

Posted from my VZW Galaxy S4 via the Android Central App

Ahh, okay. That makes sense. Thanks :)

Sent from my VZW GS4 via the Android Central Forums app

derichio02

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
You do not have to root to access APNs. You just need to insert a foreign Sim and the APN option will be available in settings

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

WRX13

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why they would bring up APNs at all. It *should* always he checked as long as you're using Verizon. If you're in the US and your data is working fine, it doesn't matter what the APN screen shows. As others have said this option is for other carriers/traveling abroad.

Side note: you do have to root the S3 to edit APNs, though it appears the S4 will allow you to edit APNs without root.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87