For those WITHOUT Wi-Fi Toggle After Update

Matt B2

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
it can only be verizon.... the big red buys the phone from samsung in stock form... performs tweaks to their liking including all of the additional bloatware... tests the newly created device... then sell it to the consumer.... samsung is out of the mix when it comes to the mobile carriers tweaking the phones..... this goes for updates as well,,,, updates are tweaked by verizon....verizon is just simply the worse at it!

Last edited:

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if there is another update in the works so that we can get the wifi toggle without doing a factory reset?

I don't want to reset my phone and deal with all of that..

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if there is another update in the works so that we can get the wifi toggle without doing a factory reset?

I don't want to reset my phone and deal with all of that..
I'd seriously doubt it. Doing a factory reset isn't really that big of a deal. It's probably a good idea to do it just to learn what you need backed up and how to back things up in a controlled way rather than scrambling to figure it out if something bad ever happens. My overall phone performance got better after the factory reset as well.

the53rdcard

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
There is an alternative to doing a reset, it can be found here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...8-add-wifi-toggle-your-verizon-galaxy-s4.html it does however require you to be rooted, and you have to have the SQLite Editor app, if you have those 2 things, it takes less then a minute to do it and your toggle is back, i did it, it works perfectly just like they said.

Youtube also has a video if you care to find it, i found both after a google search for add wifi toggle to galaxy s4

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and just did a reset. WiFi toggle shows up fine now. Also did some restarts and it did not go away. Seems to work fine. +1 for the reset fixing the WiFi toggle.

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
At first when I read this I thought you were referring to the god forsaken notification of wireless networks that is always in the way, then I realized it wasn't and hope there is a way to get rid of (likely not) that annoying notification.

toolworker

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
"FWIW a screen shortcut to WiFi can also be created by going into Apps > Widgets > 1x1 Settings widget and selecting WiFi."

That's a good one. It takes you to the WiFi settings screen.

I prefer a one-touch widget, but most of the ones I tried gave a "stopped" error message when turning wifi on.

One that worked is WiFi Manager. It comes in different sizes and can display SSID and signal strength.

Beware of WIFI widget(One tap switch) which worked great but in the latest update added a ton of intrusive permissions, so I uninstalled it.

MarvinJS#AC

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this information. I now have the widget on my home page, which for me was half the battle. If I can enlist the collective wisdom of the group, is there a way to get the widget from my home page up to the notification bar at the top row? Just wondering....