Very slow data over LTE

adamhach

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
For the past couple of days, my S4 has been extremely sluggish when pulling any data down from the web. I am in Chicago and my phone shows plenty of bars it just is not getting true LTE speed. Has anyone had similar issues? If so, any suggestions on a remedy?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I have had the same thing the past few days. I'm near Pensacola, FL.

Posted via Android Central App

nacpeye

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
FYI...the bars have nothing to do with data reception, only phone. The symbols to the left (3G or 4Glte) tell you what area you are in for data speed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

adamhach

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting terrible speed and I know it is connected via LTE as the 4G LTE logo is present with plenty of bars. Just ran a speedtest showing speeds of 25 kbps. Anyone else having problems? Any thoughts on what the issue could be?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You may be in a fringe area, as lte on every network has pockets. However, Verizon is also in the process of upgrading every single one of their lte towers to lte advanced for volte in preparation for launch next year. During this process your signal may weaken.

And so you know, those bars lie for signal strength. Go into settings ->about phone ->status and scroll down to the area where it says signal strength. That displays your true signal, the closer to zero the dbm is, the higher your signal. Anything 110 and above is a fringe signal. With asu, the farther it is from zero, the better the signal.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2