Problems w/ S4

Bionic Bobsled

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So I have owned my S4 for about 3 weeks now (running ME7) and it has had several issues that bug me. First is with all the sounds on, I get a beep notification for texts about 50% of the time. It's set to beep and vibrate. I'll either get both or neither, just the flashing blue LED. The other problem is sometimes while the phone is in my pocket, it shuts off completely and only way to power it back up is to pull the battery. This has happened about 4 times in the last three weeks. The phone is housed in a ballistic hardcase case which protects the buttons to a certain degree in case if depressing certain buttons in sequence turns the phone off.

Anybody else have these issues? Should I just ask for a replacement?

Bionic Bobsled

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have not. I talked to verizon this morning and he had me run it in safe mode to see how it behaved. He thought maybe one of my apps was screwing things up. If the problems persisted in safe mode, then it is a h/w issue and they'll send me a new phone. If, all is good then one of the apps is the culprit. Problem is that it may be a few days before the problem shutting down returns.

reckartsd3296

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset on the device?

I have done a factory reset actually Monday and my phones problems still exist. I've had mine for 17 days now and at times the touch wizard wont work and I'll have to take my battery out just to restart it and get it to work. My biggest issue is my internet; only works 10% of the time and I have my network running in 4g and 3-5 bars. What do you recommend?

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
You have an S4 as well I presume..? Is it a carrier branded model or an OEM (direct from the manufacturer) device?
I have done a factory reset actually Monday and my phones problems still exist. I've had mine for 17 days now and at times the touch wizard wont work and I'll have to take my battery out just to restart it and get it to work. My biggest issue is my internet; only works 10% of the time and I have my network running in 4g and 3-5 bars. What do you recommend?