Anyone considering the HTC One?

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Nope, after 5 replacement DNA's I don't think I can ever go back to HTC.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Well it looks like I might be getting a replacement s4. Proximity sensor won't work. Figured if I need a replacement might looks at other phones all together.

digitard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I was until I saw the camera. It's such a sick looking Android phone, and I love the way they implemented the UI.

My problem was the camera. I own a nice DSLR so I'm not delusional thinking my cell phone will replace my high end camera for things, but I also have 3 kids so we are ALWAYS taking pictures when we are out. When I saw the Lumia 1080 vs S4 vs HTC ONE side by side photo's it was clear the camera wasn't going to hang considering I take a lot of photo's of the kids.

Maybe next generation because they're VERY MUCH on the right track with the ONE. I just rely on that device feature so much that having an iPhone 5 now and going to an S4 this week for a business thing I couldn't bring myself to drop that much quality.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I was until I saw the camera. It's such a sick looking Android phone, and I love the way they implemented the UI.

My problem was the camera. I own a nice DSLR so I'm not delusional thinking my cell phone will replace my high end camera for things, but I also have 3 kids so we are ALWAYS taking pictures when we are out. When I saw the Lumia 1080 vs S4 vs HTC ONE side by side photo's it was clear the camera wasn't going to hang considering I take a lot of photo's of the kids.

Maybe next generation because they're VERY MUCH on the right track with the ONE. I just rely on that device feature so much that having an iPhone 5 now and going to an S4 this week for a business thing I couldn't bring myself to drop that much quality.

In the past, I never really gave much thought to the camera on phones. I don't really take a lot pics nor am I into photography all that much, and basically I just never expected that the cell phone camera would be *that* good anyway (as you said, you'd be delusional for thinking cell phone camera could replace a DSLR). I gotta admit though...the camera is one aspect of the S4 that has blown me away!

Not only am I actually taking somewhat decent pics for the first time in my life, I'm amazed at just how fast I'm able to do it. On older phones, you'd pull out your phone, open the camera app...wait for it to come up...get your shot lined up...hit the buttton...wait....wait....re-focus...wait....refocus...blurry pic [wait 3-5 seconds for camera to reset and try again]! With the S4, it's just open camera, press button, pic taken

When I first got my S4, I pulled it out to take a picture and was sitting there going, "why isn't it working?!? why won't it snap a picture?!?" Turns out, it had taken a picture...about 15 times as I kept pressing the button. Later, when I was viewing them, I was like, not only did I manage to snap about 15 pictures in a matter of a few seconds, but they actually look good too!

So anyway, I'm just saying that while I never really considered the camera when buying the S4, it's actually become a feature I really like about it.