Security notice???

lopezj760

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So after I updated to 4.3 I got this notification anyone else get this or know what it's for?1383530254885.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

spbull

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
This is a known issue with the Samsung Android version 4.3 update. According to Samsung Support, they know about the issue and are working on a fix.
Keep checking for another update that fixes this issue. That's why it's usually a good idea NOT to do an update when it first comes out. Wait for the early adopters to find all the bugs, then do the next minor update that fixes everything. There is a temporary fix I saw somewhere, but I do not have easy access to it. Try a google search.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
There are several threads here and elsewhere discussing this. Recommended fixes, in this order (from less to more difficult/involved):
1. Clear the Knox Notification Manager app's data, and/or force stop the app (clearing the data should be sufficient for the fix); this generally works, but will need to be re-done if you later reboot the phone.
OR
2. Do a factory reset. Since this requires restoring apps, passwords, data files, etc., it's much more involved, and some people have reported that the security notification comes back even after a factory reset.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So after I updated to 4.3 I got this notification anyone else get this or know what it's for?View attachment 90011

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Search should be your friend on ANY forum... or near the bottom of the first page here we have a thread that has gotten a lot of hits and replies... the fix is the last post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-s4/328179-verizon-galaxy-s4-security-notice-after-update-4-3-a-4.html#post3197192

I did this a few days ago and have rebooted several times without seeing this again... if you don't see all the things they describe don't worry and just continue with the next step and it will work.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just followed the instructions on the pop up and updated the settings as it instructs you to do and I haven't had a pop up since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87