Upgrading to Bionic! Question about 4G LTE?

tbssawd07

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Thursday I plan to buy Costco's Bionic bundle pack and I just found out that New Jersey has no 4G coverage?! I live in central nj and wanted to know when Verizon plans to extend the coverage around here?

Thanks

tbssawd07

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow no one knows? I thought Nj would have been one of the 1st states to get great 4G coverage considering how populated it is.

joncat84

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Carriers tend to start at airports and spread out. So if you aren't next to a major airport then I am not surprised you don't have it. Northern NJ does.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
According to a VZW employee who posts regularly in the Thunderbolt forums, full LTE roll-out on the current EvDO footprint should be done by 2013. I talked to a VZW tech about a data project and was told that LTE requires two antennas on each device and tower. That's a lot of hardware to put into the field. I was mildly frustrated last week that they have 4G in Hilton Head, but not Savannah, GA.

Last edited:

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok bought the Bionic and salesman tells me late 2012 for 4G in central Nj! Verizon you suck!!

Most likely he was just telling you a worst case scenario in order to not get your hopes up, the LTE expansion is supposed to be completed by 2013, I went to a verizon store last week and asked about when 4G would be rolled out to central NJ and was told no one knows it could be up to a year and a half.
But he admitted that they don't give advance notice to store or phone support staff about LTE coverage.

They are just covering their asses, so in short I'm hoping for LTE late this year or early next year, I mean NJ is verizons home state, but I'm not holding my breath.
Though I have a thunderbolt so whenever I go to North Jersey and use LTE I get a little jealous lol.