What are my chances? Broken Charge with no desire to get another

braveally

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my droid charge in my pool and now I need a new phone. The problem is that I don't like this phone at all. It just doesn't meet my needs and has given me a number of problems. My first had to be returned because it basically crapped out on me within the first three months (Wouldn't even get to a factory reset). What are the chance I can talk Verizon into giving me a different phone. I do have insurance on the charge, but I feel like it's not worth paying the $100 if I can get something better. Of course I want that new Galaxy S3 but will be happy with the Nexus or similar. So anyone have any experience with a similar issue they can share?

jeromyraider

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: What are my chances? Broken Charge with no desire to get anot

very slim but let me know if you manage to fix it. try leting it dry in rice for 5 days

braveally

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Yep, phone has been in rice for nearly 24 hours. only 4 more days to go.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

They can help you get into any phone you want via upgrade or full retail pricing. Insurance or warranty doesn't cover "I'm sick of my phone" issues.

Reactions: Ry

braveally

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

They can help you get into any phone you want via upgrade or full retail pricing. Insurance or warranty doesn't cover "I'm sick of my phone" issues.

That, I understand. If I got a new phone from a 3rd party, would they still cover it with my insurance?

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I've seen some 3rd party phones get added and insurance stays on the real question is which phone Asurion covers.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

That, I understand. If I got a new phone from a 3rd party, would they still cover it with my insurance?

Call them and ask. Might as well get a straight answer from the provider, rather than on a forum.

braveally

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Call them and ask. Might as well get a straight answer from the provider, rather than on a forum.
Yeah, your right. I always hesitate to call and speak to companies directly. Gotta watch what you say or they'll use it against you or make it difficult to get good service in the future. Like comcast refusing to send me to any more managers over the phone (the last one yelled at me for having too many discounts). I will call them later and share what they said.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, your right. I always hesitate to call and speak to companies directly. Gotta watch what you say or they'll use it against you or make it difficult to get good service in the future. Like comcast refusing to send me to any more managers over the phone (the last one yelled at me for having too many discounts). I will call them later and share what they said.

It's funny, I am the exact opposite. I always DON'T hesitate to contact companies. :p I am constantly in contact with businesses VIA email or phone and generally it yields positive results. I have never had anyone use it against me. In fact, I had an extremely heated conversation with someone higher up in Comcast once. They were very pissed at me. I turned out to be right, after I asked them to review the recorded conversations I had earlier. I got my way, and, I've never had any additional problems with Comcast (cross fingers).

I have found that if you are extremely polite/genuine, but, assertive if need be, you will have no trouble with businesses or CSRs.

Additionally, if you call from a different number, they wont even know who you are and you could ask your question anonymously.

But, good luck. I look forward to hearing what they have to say.

Also, don't forget to hit the Thanks button. I know what I said was simple, but, it did help, no? :p

Reactions: braveally

braveally

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Talked to Verizon (2 reps + manager) and Asurion. No one is willing to help me get at least a comparable device because the Charge is still in stock, I can live with that. The thing that was weird was the Ausiron rep said they wouldn't cover a new device, even if I purchased it from Verizon at retail and switched it to my line and hung up on me on my last question.
I didn't buy that so I called Verizon again and asked them to verify that. They said it didn't make sense because people do that all the time so we called Asurion on conference and got some weird message of them not being able to take my call. So the rep called them and called me back on conference and told me that they could indeed do that but depending on the device I may have to pay more a month. Funny morning in all.

At this point I will just save some pennies and get an S3 when it's released or wait for the next wave of Nexus phones. Which would you do?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Wow, I can't believe they hung up on you. I would submit a written complaint to Asurion. When things come written, they tend to be taken more seriously. I actually wrote a letter (yea, a letter) to Microsoft over an issue I wont bother to get into, but, it got there attention and they took me very seriously.

But, yea, that was smart of you not to buy it and call Verizon. Wuh? Why would you have to pay more per month, that makes no sense.

If it were me, I'd pay the 100 bucks and, then when I was ready for an upgrade, get something that did meet my needs. Then you have the Charge as a backup if you ever find yourself without a working phone. Or, if someone in your family needs a phone. Or, you could always sell it. Either way, I'd go with the Charge since it'll be cheap. When are you due for an upgrade?

braveally

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Wow, I can't believe they hung up on you. I would submit a written complaint to Asurion. When things come written, they tend to be taken more seriously. I actually wrote a letter (yea, a letter) to Microsoft over an issue I wont bother to get into, but, it got there attention and they took me very seriously.

But, yea, that was smart of you not to buy it and call Verizon. Wuh? Why would you have to pay more per month, that makes no sense.

If it were me, I'd pay the 100 bucks and, then when I was ready for an upgrade, get something that did meet my needs. Then you have the Charge as a backup if you ever find yourself without a working phone. Or, if someone in your family needs a phone. Or, you could always sell it. Either way, I'd go with the Charge since it'll be cheap. When are you due for an upgrade?
I may do that. My charge is working now and seems to be getting better with each day. Yesterday the sound didn't work, today its fine. The screen is responding better than expected too. I will hold on my claim until I really need it or the degradation continues. Not due for an upgrade until 2013 so I understand why they are not compromising with me. I got my charge just days prior to them removing unlimited data so I could be grandfathered in. The idea was to return it and get the S2 but big red never released that phone, leaving me stuck with the charge and not really being into anything else except for the Maxx.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Well, that's good to hear. Yea, might as well hold off it's working well enough. If it's early in 2013, that's only six months away. I dealt with my last QWERTY non-smartphone for quite a long time, even when the inside screen was fading a little bit each week because I wasn't ready for a phone.

It's funny, I was holding out for an SII as well, but, like you said, Verizon never got it. For me it was between the X2 and the Charge, and, X2 won that one hands down. Charge felt like a toy, was oddly shaped, and, the colors on the display were childish and garish looking. I'm glad with the decision I made, but, I would like a better phone. Only had my X2 for a year though, so, I'll have to wait. But, for now, it's doing the trick.

But, I hope the condition of your Charge gets better, and, at least, doesn't get worse. If it does, good luck!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty