What does it mean that you will have a single upgrade date?

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Bull**** diatribe from VZW.
Agreed, but does it mean that all of the lines on a family account will have the same upgrade date regardless of when they were added to the account?

For instance, all 3 of my lines have different upgrade dates and different contract end dates. I started as an individual, added a line for my mom and then added a line to get an early upgrade.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Agreed, but does it mean that all of the lines on a family account will have the same upgrade date regardless of when they were added to the account?

For instance, all 3 of my lines have different upgrade dates and different contract end dates. I started as an individual, added a line for my mom and then added a line to get an early upgrade.

No. Each device will have its own upgrade date.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
No. Each device will have its own upgrade date.
It was an odd way to word their announcement, then. Each device always had a single upgrade date. It's just that each device also had a contract end date 4 months later.

I think they were trying to word it in a way that made it seem like there was some benefit to the customer. Huge fail, though.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

They're just trying to make something bad sound good. The truth is the only thing that really changed is that customers have to wait longer (24 months) to get upgrade pricing.

The rest of their statement is fluff telling people that they can upgrade earlier (paying full price) if they want to, or wait until all their device contracts expire, and upgrade them all at the same time. Such options already existed.

Like I said, it's just marketing spin trying to make it sound like they're giving you something good, when in fact they're taking something away (earlier upgrade pricing).