Upgrade transfer

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And they let you drop data just like that?
Would price drop back to normal for dumb phone plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, most likely, they will force the 75mb/$10 plan on you but you can block data which would automatically remove the data charge from the dumb phone line.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay my girlfriend is on a family plan with her (smartphone) and 2 parents (dumb phones) she wants to upgrade but isn't eligible for an upgrade for a while. Both her parents have an upgrade, I asked a Verizon rep and he said she could transfer an upgrade from dumb phone to smart phone, anyone care to chime in? I don't want them to mess up her parents plans. Thanks!
There is a whole thread about this on this forum

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon/227608-instruction-how-keep-unlimited-data-verizon-89.html#post3357899

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If I am understanding it correctly, the situation that the op is in its different. The smartphone line is still under contract. But the basic lines have upgrades available. If this is the case, simply upgrade and activate on the basic lines then move the phones to the smartphone line

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If I am understanding it correctly, the situation that the op is in its different. The smartphone line is still under contract. But the basic lines have upgrades available. If this is the case, simply upgrade and activate on the basic lines then move the phones to the smartphone line
that process is on that thread, too as well as the upgrade transfer process.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
that process is on that thread, too as well as the upgrade transfer process.

Yes it does, but it is buried in the thread and makes it a hassle for someone in this situation, which is pretty straight forward.

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

This is the case but I do not want the dumb phones to become smartphone plans.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is the case but I do not want the dumb phones to become smartphone plans.

Absolutely I understand and have the same situation on my account. Simply upgrade and activate the new smartphone on the basic line, then reactivate the old basic phone back on its line and chose the 75 MB /$10 plan. Then block data which would automatically remove the data charge on the basic phone line