Bye Bye UDP

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I finally did it for better or worse. Bye UDP and Galaxy Nexus. Funniest part was apparently it was difficult for the Verizon employee to move me off the UDP.

Me And my wife combined accounts with Verizon 10GB on Edge (she was on AT&T). I went for the X '14 32 GB and she got a Note 4. Just have to hold out till mine arrives now.

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have been on unlimited since 2010 from AT&T and then t-mobile but just changed to Verizon and have the 10gb plan and only used around err 7 with the free promo 1gb from connection day or whatever it was . For a lot of people moving off UDP can save some money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Hasn't worked out yet :) The more I play with the Note 4, the more I think about sending the X back and I don't even have it in my hands yet.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Haha don't do that to me. Expandable memory, removable battery, huge screen, spen...........gah. Decisions decisions. I need to quit reading forums and quit playing with her phone.

Naaa don't quit using her phone ....it's the better phone ;)

Seriously it's an great phone but the moto x is great ...I can't go back to smaller phones though

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Haha don't do that to me. Expandable memory, removable battery, huge screen, spen...........gah. Decisions decisions. I need to quit reading forums and quit playing with her phone.
God. If only the bootloader weren't locked down!
Oh well, this Nexus 6, it'll do nicely. Lovin' it so far.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Who cares about locked boot loaders .....I haven't needed to root a phone in a while .

But...... But....... I'm a flashaholic. I probably don't need to but I like it and want to. Besides, root and bootloader locked are distinctly different things.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
But...... But....... I'm a flashaholic. I probably don't need to but I like it and want to. Besides, root and bootloader locked are distinctly different things.

I know this .... Don't have to flash roms or anything for a while now ....one less headache in general to deal with new phones

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I know this .... Don't have to flash roms or anything for a while now ....one less headache in general to deal with new phones

It works for you but some like to flash so they will care about boot loaders being locked. Many of my forum teammates love to flash new ROMs.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It works for you but some like to flash so they will care about boot loaders being locked. Many of my forum teammates love to flash new ROMs.

My point is ....you don't really need to do it now ....I'll just put on the Google now launcher and disable any app I don't use and I get a stock like experience while not dealing with rooting, flashing custom roms , keeping my note 4 s pen features, and not possibly bricking my phone

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My point is ....you don't really need to do it now ....I'll just put on the Google now launcher and disable any app I don't use and I get a stock like experience while not dealing with rooting, flashing custom roms , keeping my note 4 s pen features, and not possibly bricking my phone

No one said anything about needing to. Most that care about boot loaders want to. So those people do care about a locked bootloader.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No one said anything about needing to. Most that care about boot loaders want to. So those people do care about a locked bootloader.

Majority of the people don't want to do it and if they do Samsung does sell a developer edition for people on Verizon . AT&T don't have that option

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Majority of the people don't want to do it and if they do Samsung does sell a developer edition for people on Verizon . AT&T don't have that option

Very true most don't but .. You asked "Who cares" and as you see someone responded and said they do. Just because you don't see a point in it doesn't mean some don't care about rooting and ROMing their phones. Same goes for people w/ iPhones .. most don't JB but there are some that care & want to.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Very true most don't but .. You asked "Who cares" and as you see someone responded and said they do. Just because you don't see a point in it doesn't mean some don't care about rooting and ROMing their phones. Same goes for people w/ iPhones .. most don't JB but there are some that care.

And for those who might care Samsung sells an unlocked bootloader for Verizon customers . The developer edition.

If your flashing ROMs onto a device to make it usable why buy that device? Google nexus 6 works on Verizon if you want a stock ROM onto your device. And even if you want to flash something else I would just get a nexus 6 over a note 4 because flashing custom roms on a note 4 could mean you lose on what makes he note 4 great ....the s pen . Verizon in general locks most of the bootloaders on their phones anyways which includes the moto x. You want an unlocked bootloader Verizon isn't the place to go . T-mobile note 4 bootloader isn't locked I believe. Plus the nexus 6 is cheaper at $699 for 64gb vs $750 or more depending on carrier for 32gb model

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And for those who might care Samsung sells an unlocked bootloader for Verizon customers . The developer edition.

If your flashing ROMs onto a device to make it usable why buy that device? Google nexus 6 works on Verizon if you want a stock ROM onto your device. And even if you want to flash something else I would just get a nexus 6 over a note 4 because flashing custom roms on a note 4 could mean you lose on what makes he note 4 great ....the s pen . Verizon in general locks most of the bootloaders on their phones anyways which includes the moto x. You want an unlocked bootloader Verizon isn't the place to go . T-mobile note 4 bootloader isn't locked I believe. Plus the nexus 6 is cheaper at $699 for 64gb vs $750 or more depending on carrier for 32gb model

I wasn't talking about which device they should buy. I am simply stating those who care about a locked boot loader are the ones who like (not need) to root and ROM. Simple as that. Just because you don't see a point in it doesn't mean others feel the same way.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't talking about which device they should buy. I am simply stating those who care about a locked boot loader are the ones who like (not need) to root and ROM. Simple as that. Just because you don't see a point in it doesn't mean others feel the same way.

Yes but obviously this is about Verizon .... And most Verizon phones are locked anyways thus does it really matter if he gets the moto x like op stated or changes to the note 4 because they both have locked bootloaders if he is buying from Verizon or bestbuy or etc