Traveling to Mexico - using local cell service there

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

Going to Mexico for a couple of days. I normally keep my phone in airplane mode the whole time I'm traveling abroad, but I'd like to have my cell phone handy for occasional usage this time around.

I think my 2 options are to enable international roaming before I go, or to purchase a SIM card locally and use it in my phone (I have an LG G2 with micro SIM).

I'll only be in Mexico for 3.5 days. Which do you think is the best option in terms of ease and price?

Thanks

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

Going to Mexico for a couple of days. I normally keep my phone in airplane mode the whole time I'm traveling abroad, but I'd like to have my cell phone handy for occasional usage this time around.

I think my 2 options are to enable international roaming before I go, or to purchase a SIM card locally and use it in my phone (I have an LG G2 with micro SIM).

I'll only be in Mexico for 3.5 days. Which do you think is the best option in terms of ease and price?

Thanks

since it's only 3.5 days i'd just call Verizon and work out a deal with your own number. if it was a week or more i'd consider a local SIM card. just be mindful of data usage. for 3.5 days i'd probably budget at least 250MB.

good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez