Unlimited data plan MONTH TO MONTH is NOT ELIGIBLE for upgrade

Shaodong Lin

May 16, 2014
Visit site
i have a line which is unlimited and month to month, i just use best buy to check upgrade availability, it shows that it is NOT eligible to upgrade, anyone else have the same problem? why is that? thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: unlimited data plan MONTH TO MONTH is NOT ELIGIBLE for upgrade

It might be because upgrades don't exist officially - you may have to work through Verizon's website instead of Best Buy.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I would definitely check on Verizon's website and see what it says

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

The phone companies have been gradually eliminating unlimited data plans for several years. The way they do this is to let you keep your plan only if you make no changes. If you want anything new, like a phone upgrade, you must change your plan and surrender the unlimited data. Depending on how much data you use, the new plans' data limits aren't a big problem for most people.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

i have a line which is unlimited and month to month, i just use best buy to check upgrade availability, it shows that it is NOT eligible to upgrade, anyone else have the same problem? why is that? thank you.

Are you trying to get upgrade pricing while keeping your unlimited data plan?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Your only option--if you intend to keep the unlimited data plan--is to buy a phone outright at full price. You will not be offered an upgrade discount.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
So what happened??? Were you able to keep unlimited data and get a new phone at discounted price

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

Your only option--if you intend to keep the unlimited data plan--is to buy a phone outright at full price. You will not be offered an upgrade discount.

There's loopholes all over for this. So that is not the only option.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T