VZW offers me $300 to trade-in S5, but says "Devices that you submit will not be returned to you"

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
VZW offers me $300 to trade-in S5, but says "Devices that you submit will not be returned to you"

I received a promo code in a Verizon promo email. I entered my Samsung Galaxy S5 on the Verizon website and it gave me a value of $170. With the promo code entered, it gave me $300. This is just a straight trade-in with no need to buy a new phone or sign up for a contract or device payment plan. I stopped by the local Verizon corporate store. They could only give me the standard $170 for trading in the S5. They said the promo code could only be applied to the Verizon trade-in website.

My S5 is in near mint condition.(which the Verizon store employee concurred) I have just one concern. Verizon Trade-in website shows this under terms and condition: "Devices that you submit will not be returned to you...."

Does that mean if they find any fault with it, they won't give me the full $300? If somehow they tell me that it's only $100, I have no option but to accept it? (since they do not return devices, I either accept the $100 or end up with nothing) Just wondering.... :)

asdfasdfasdf.jpg

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: VZW offers me $300 to trade-in S5, but says "Devices that you submit will not be returned to you

Yes, but as long as it's in the condition you stated, you'll get the full amount. I traded in two phones with no problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: VZW offers me $300 to trade-in S5, but says "Devices that you submit will not be returned to you

Yes, so how much do you trust Verizon is the question.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk