Number Portability on Same Carrier

volantis

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been on a Family Share plan for a long time with Verizon. I'm moving to my own plan now and I'm getting the Thunderbolt. I would prefer to keep my number and move to my own plan. Can I do this and still get 2-year contract pricing or would they not allow that? If not, I'd just get a new number, which would be a pain.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You would have the option of getting a new line of service with a new number in order to get a new upgrade or you can do an Assumption of Liability of your current line from the other account to an account under your name. The thing with the latter option is, you will keep the same upgrade date eligibility of your current line and be on a 1-year contract but you will keep your number. When is your next upgrade date?

volantis

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

My last new phone was in December of 2008 so that shouldn't be an issue.

I want to order from Amazon Wireless. Can I purchase a new Individual Account with them and then complete the Assumption of Liability and get the number moved over after? If I select that I'm part of a family plan it gives me a higher price and I want to move to a new plan anyway.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest buying the phone from Amazon and then assuming liability, or doing both at a store at the same time. From what I remember of the process, those are probably your two least-expensive options. Anything else, I just don't know how it might screw with your contract.

Sent via Tapatalk