Original unlimited plan & 4g hot spot...

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan and toggle hotspot on and off on my account as needed. Hasn't been an issue.

Wednesday I tried to use the My Verizon website as I always do and it was misbehaving, so I jumped in the car and called 611 to have them activate it...

The rep said that hotspot is no longer offered on UDP and repeated efforts to convince me to change plans. Absolutely not. Let me talk to a supervisor. They said it would be a call back, which never happened.

Can anyone confirm/deny what I was told?

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Original unlimited plan & 4g hot spot...

Was that just in the last few weeks? I toggled it on before a family trip in mid June and off when we got home, no issue.

I'll try the website again shortly and make another call. I can't find any evidence that what I was told is true...not on the VZW site and not on any mobile forums. And I am still offered the option on my plan, just can't complete the add because of website glitch.

To be clear, this is the at cost hotspot service not the free one included in the newer unlimited plans.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Original unlimited plan & 4g hot spot...

Was that just in the last few weeks? I toggled it on before a family trip in mid June and off when we got home, no issue.

I'll try the website again shortly and make another call. I can't find any evidence that what I was told is true...not on the VZW site and not on any mobile forums. And I am still offered the option on my plan, just can't complete the add because of website glitch.

To be clear, this is the at cost hotspot service not the free one included in the newer unlimited plans.

Yes I understand which one it is. It's a very old plan. I can't say exactly when the change happened but I've seen more and more where they want to force people off that plan due to that add-on.

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Phone reps are clueless...surprise.

Apparently a website glitch. 2nd phone rep tried to tell me the same thing...not available on my plan. Supervisor was very apologetic for the confusion...the reps just aren't aware of the ancient GUDP plans and were both referring to the free hotspot. Super made sure I understood it was at cost and reactivated, no issue.