Recovery for the Straight Talk Optiums Q(LGL55C)

whododat

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
The following change(s) worked for me:

Un-zip flash_image.zip and place flash_image(no extension) on the root of your SDcard, along
with LGL55C_recovery.img that you just downloaded.

Then to install, in "terminal Emulator" on your phone, type:

su
mount -o remount, rw /system
cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/xbin
cd /system/xbin
chmod 777 flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/LGL55C_recovery.img
reboot

This will load CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7

Make backups!!!

iCam

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I was trying to get everything off my Optimus Q from ST because I am giving it to my dad, and I did a factory reset through the Privacy settings in Android, and now it keeps booting into recovery every time I start or reboot it. Is there a stock recovery available for download for this phone?

misstoxic

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I was trying to get everything off my Optimus Q from ST because I am giving it to my dad, and I did a factory reset through the Privacy settings in Android, and now it keeps booting into recovery every time I start or reboot it. Is there a stock recovery available for download for this phone?

U bricked ur phone. U weren't supposed to do a factory reset thru the privacy settings in android. Only do a factory reset in recovery.

Sean Kropaczewski

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick Q is there a way to do this through adb fastboot ima noob im sure its pretty easy however im having trouble with my fastboot on my pc...If you dont reply i understand however my problem is that my fastboot commands dont work...I have jdk-7u45-windows-x64 installed and adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917 installed to my users .Android and installed proper SDK packages through eclipse. I also changed my paths in my eviornmental variable to my .android directory...My device is recognized however the commands do not work for adb or fastboot...Any Ideas? i Get an error saying "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

Last edited:

Sean Kropaczewski

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I also have a lgl-38c that i cannot install cwm on because of bad blocks i tried flashing proper recovery through terminal and cannot run this command "cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin" any ideas?

misstoxic

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick Q is there a way to do this through adb fastboot ima noob im sure its pretty easy however im having trouble with my fastboot on my pc...If you dont reply i understand however my problem is that my fastboot commands dont work...I have jdk-7u45-windows-x64 installed and adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130917 installed to my users .Android and installed proper SDK packages through eclipse. I also changed my paths in my eviornmental variable to my .android directory...My device is recognized however the commands do not work for adb or fastboot...Any Ideas? i Get an error saying "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How to Properly Set up ADB and Fastboot for Your Windows 7 PC - Development Discussion and How To Do - DroidRzr.com