ICS for the VM701 + a few questions

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I was thinking about making an ICS type ROM for our phones as I can't get a start on Cyanogenmod (I use Windows...) and have a few questions...

1. I saw an ICS ROM for the LG Optimus V and was wondering how they got that lockscreen? Did they code it or what?

2. How do I replace system apps properly? I tried deleting the old one and adding the new apk under the same name as the old apk but it still wouldn't work...

3. Where can I get the ICS version of the system apps? (if it's possible?)

I'm sorry if I sound ignorant and stupid, but I only have basic knowledge of ROMs (heck, I only got my first Android for Christmas) and I need to ask questions.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I was thinking about making an ICS type ROM for our phones as I can't get a start on Cyanogenmod (I use Windows...) and have a few questions...

1. I saw an ICS ROM for the LG Optimus V and was wondering how they got that lockscreen? Did they code it or what?

2. How do I replace system apps properly? I tried deleting the old one and adding the new apk under the same name as the old apk but it still wouldn't work...

3. Where can I get the ICS version of the system apps? (if it's possible?)

I'm sorry if I sound ignorant and stupid, but I only have basic knowledge of ROMs (heck, I only got my first Android for Christmas) and I need to ask questions.

ICS system apps won't work on GB unfortunately, not even if you set the proper permissions. As for that lockscreen you mentioned, it's prebuilt into ICS by default. I have an OV and I used the ICS rom, it still has a long way to go but they're making progress fast. Thing is nobody is actually working on this phone, there's not a single dev out there who is interested enough to even develope anything. The last person who got started on something was BobZhome but he just stopped working on it to continue working on ICS for the OV (which in my opinion is too much for our phones to handle well anytime soon).

Sent from my LG-VM701 Gelato 11-28 via Tapatalk