I'm lookking for ROMs.

JPRyan04

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I just rooted my phone for the first time. I have stock Rom and stock kernel. Can anybody suggest any good ROMs? And does the Optimus Slider support ICS? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
No ICS

I recommend AreaROM but.... theres no Pic Messaging wiht AreaROM... only problem I can find.
But another good ROM is Mobsterz ROM

Only ROMS we have are gingerbread

Reactions: JPRyan04

JPRyan04

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried out areaslider, but I couldn't get wifi to connect. It kept saying error. I flashed Mobster and the problem is fixed. Thanks. What about Kernels? What do they even do? Sorry for my lack of awareness.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried out areaslider, but I couldn't get wifi to connect. It kept saying error. I flashed Mobster and the problem is fixed. Thanks. What about Kernels? What do they even do? Sorry for my lack of awareness.

Kernels are the heart of every operating system. They interpret the commands of every process that goes on in our phones. Some even have a few hardware and software drivers built into them. I'd tell you more, but you might want to look through Wikipedia if you want more info.

Basically, any computer is useless without one. :)

JPRyan04

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I see. But what different kernels are available to download? And how are they different?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38