LED settings?

snooty2toes

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
All apologies if I overlooked a previous thread about this!

Does anyone know how to change the settings on the blasted LED notification light?

I've looked through countless basic & "advanced" adw menus looking for the tweak.

Anyone here have any hints?

Mostly I'd like to get rid of the red charging light; wouldn't miss it if it was off entirely or a different or dimmer color. Or even if the green/fully charged color could be switched in place of the red?

I'm usually using my phone in bed in the dark and the red tends to be a blinding distraction.... my next step is some thick tape :'(

vmobile/rooted/gelato/gingerkernel/adw-ex

enjamin

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have an idea...
Turn the phone away from your face while trying to sleep

On a more serious note, red does not mess with your night_time vision so if you change it to green and that is in your face before you crawl outta bed you might stubb your toes..... just sayin'

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

Dave7976

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
ooorrrrr you can try going to settings >display > notification flash and select when you want it to flash or when you don't just sayin ;)

enjamin

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I figured you were talking about charging sorry dude go get that tape.....
But i will say this its better for your battery that you dont chare it for more than 4 hours so just unplugg it

Sent from my K1 using Android Central Forums

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
its better for your battery that you dont chare it for more than 4 hours so just unplugg it

I've never heard of that before and quite frankly I don't believe it. Do you have anything to back that claim up with?

That may have been the case with very early devices (like late 80s/early 90s wireless phones) but I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply anymore.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

enjamin

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
^this is why i say 4 hours.. keep it cool and 4 hours of charge on a standard battery on newer phones is usually enough time if they are not using the phone in the process

honestly just speaking from experience... people buy a new laptop or phone and charge it all day or keep it plugged in all the time is not good for the battery UNLESS you are using the phone/laptop so much while plugged in the discharge rate is more than the charge rate. what i am referring to is when it is idle and trickle charging or hot for hours and hours on end.

Edit: i guess this really isnt such a big deal these days, while selling cells at my old job, we were to tell the customer we only expected the batteries to last 6 mos. and the average replacement time for phones was 8 mos-1 year so ...

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
The point is that the chargers these days don't just keep continuously keep charging the battery regardless. They are "smart" in that the phone is able to regulate how much of a charge its battery gets.

Once the battery is fully charged then the phone quits accepting the charge. If this wasn't the case then we'd be seeing batteries failing left and right and in all honesty we're not really seeing that.

I do agree that leaving it on the charger 100% of the time probably isn't a good practice. Batteries were designed to be discharged and recharged so keeping them full all the time isn't a good thing (and kind of defeats the purpose of having a mobile device) but even that isn't as problematic as it used to be.

snooty2toes

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks ya"ll for the suggestions. Mostly what I was getting at is that I usually charge my phone at night and thn I browse and what not til fall asleep, which normally gives off that annoying red light... I,ll prob go w a little piece of tape. I was considering going back to the asus 300tf but man I love this little lg phone :) ty again for suggstions