Any better ROM's out there?

kaivorth

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AOSP and it's been about a month or 2 since I've flashed anything. On 2.3.4, any better ROM's out there?

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
In my experience, the ath3nos port from the optimus so is the most stable. CM7 rom. There is a new one (iho) in development but there are still some things to work out. Long term it will be a great rom.

If you go with ath3nos, make sure to read the directions closely as there is a 2nd zip you have to flash.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
idk the latest build of aospCM7 2.3.4 has been good to me since 6/01 when it was released.

been running it stable since.

I'm thinking of trying IHO soon, if for nothing else, then that its 2.3.5, which appeals to the geek in me of running the newest possible stuff.

also, i hear the active development is taking care of the bluetooth and other minor issues of AOSPCM7, thats nice to hear.

I tried IHO a few weeks ago and it seriously wasnt up to par with aospCM7, so i restored my nandroid but I'll try it again

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been running IHO CM7.1 for a couple of weeks and have almost no issues. No force closes or reboots (245-600 ondemand CPU), great battery drain, stable wifi, and now working BT).

Reactions: JerryScript

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been running IHO CM7.1 for a couple of weeks and have almost no issues. No force closes or reboots (245-600 ondemand CPU), great battery drain, stable wifi, and now working BT).

U can't call wifi stable when a bunch of people r having problems with it dropping and picking back up a few seconds later
But the developers are dedicated, and fix things rather quickly. If U don't mind flashing new builds weekly if not sooner, try out Jerrys IHO build

Reactions: JerryScript

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I like the BACKside -IHO + Green Machine Theme. Its' running stable and cool with great time off charger at 787Hz-480Hz interactive.I did some benchmark testing using two different benchmark apps and this speed was the best overall. All I've done is changed the boot animation to a half Gingerbread man/Half anatomy of Gingerbread man animation. Everything that I have seen or needed to work,worked!

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
How does the comparison of IHO and AOSP stand at the moment?

Been using AOSP since about 6/1 myself and liked it so far (except for the camera bugs), but IHO looks new and shiny and stuff.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How does the comparison of IHO and AOSP stand at the moment?

Been using AOSP since about 6/1 myself and liked it so far (except for the camera bugs), but IHO looks new and shiny and stuff.

Windows Vista vs Windows 7.

Some of the recent releases have a camera bug but other then that solid and worth the time it takes to swap.

Reactions: Froggy the Great

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Windows Vista vs Windows 7.

Some of the recent releases have a camera bug but other then that solid and worth the time it takes to swap.

The camera bug was introduced by CM7 check-ins, but were reportedly fixed in a later build, so most recent builds don't have the problem (or much other problems if one follows the installation instructions carefully).

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The camera bug was introduced by CM7 check-ins, but were reportedly fixed in a later build, so most recent builds don't have the problem (or much other problems if one follows the installation instructions carefully).

The camera bug still exists.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The only camera bug I'm aware of at this time is a lack of audio when recording video. This bug only manifests itself under certain circumstances, which I'm trying to track down now. One trigger appears to be using a headset, which is why so many are reporting the bug now, since we just introduced code to fix the headset. However, that is not the actual trigger, because I have experienced the no audio in video recordings bug, and I've never used a headset.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
If you like a stripped down ROM then I'd go with Harmonia (1.5 and under are Froyo, 2.0 beta is based off IHO if I recall)

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Everything seems to be working great, I've been running CM 7.1, BobZhome's build (8-30-2011) recently upgraded from his 8-22-2011 build. Hardly any bloat, Launcher Pro, which I love of ADW, and everything works. There is still a bug for the Camera where the audio does not show up, and I also randomly get artifacts while watching videos online as well (transparent grid), so as soon as they get that fixed it will be a excellent rom. Jerry's is nice to, but contains a lot of bloat, from what I remember.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch