Black Screen -__-

kjrayo18

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
So I rooted my optimus V to cyanogenmod 2.3.7 but its kinda pissing me off bcuz there are not google apps installed, and when I downloaded android store from 4shared it wont let me sync it to my phone. My phone wont let me sync anything....

So I tried to reinstall a different rom thru the sd card and when it loads it just stays black, tried going into recovery mode it just stays black as well.

The phone, text, camera all work but i cant really download any apps because they wont sync im lost o_O help? thanks in advance!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you use rom manager? You probably have a new screened v and you just can't see your recovery. The recovery rom manager uses will be a black screen if you have the new screen. As for not having the market you probably didn't flash gapps after you flashed the rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kjrayo18

kjrayo18

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I did what you said and i still cant add an account to my phone. Ok well heres the thing, I synced gmail and facebook but the app store says i dont have a account synced so im confused, tbh i rather just go back to vm mod but i cant even do that lol fml

kjrayo18

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
so i think i just things worse lol, i tried to instal the stock vm rom and now my phone just stays on the black screen even if i remove the battery lol i failed

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
you totally failed.

if you did ANY reading at all you would know that cyanogenmod cannot be released with google apps inside it.

its not an optimus V issue, its a CM7/google issue.

you need to flash cm7, then immediately after, WITHOUT REBOOTING, flash gapps.zip, its the file that contains the google market and files for google accounts. without it, you cant sign into accounts, you dont have the market and other basic google apps, and nothing really "works" right.

you could EASILY have fixed it by rebooting into recovery, wiping everything, flashing the rom, and flashing the gapps file, then rebooting.

now i dont know how to help you.

anyways, heres some tips for your next Optimus V.

1. do NOT use "rom manager" it doesnt have the latest files for the OV, it WILL break your phone.

2. READ, READ, AND READ!!!!! you really should have known to flash gapps right after flashing CM7.. its literally EVERYWHERE, anyone who wants CM7 on ANY phone has to do it, its in every How-To, you probably went too fast and didnt care. but look what happened.

3. knowledge is power. READ!

4. if you buy a new OV, or can somehow get into recovery on yours. go to this site.

on the link below, you will find the newest IHO roms for the OV, and if you READ, you will find the gapps file somewhere on that page as well.

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Well.. If you can get adb working you should still be able to unbrick it either through adb commands or android screencast... You have some reading to do either way.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kjrayo18

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I FIXED IT! ! lots and lots of reading but i did it! ! xD i can see my screen again! lol so so happy lol

Ok Ok so what i did!

I used this link!
androidscreencast - Desktop app to control an android device remotely - Google Project Hosting

Downloaded all installed, so i was able to see my screen thru my computer! I then downloaded a file called update-cm-7.1.0-rco-lg0ls670 i installed it the recovery screen from sd and rebooted and i can now see my screen! I was not able to do a hardboot i dont know why but my phone works so far. Im going to keep on reading to see if i can install a vm rom back into thru the recovery screen. this rocks! This should be a sticky for someone with a black screen as well!

im going to look for the file asap to put it up ^_^

Heres the link, by the way i had cm7 installed 2.3.7

Last edited:

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I FIXED IT! ! lots and lots of reading but i did it! ! xD i can see my screen again! lol so so happy lol

Ok Ok so what i did!

I used this link!
androidscreencast - Desktop app to control an android device remotely - Google Project Hosting

Downloaded all installed, so i was able to see my screen thru my computer! I then downloaded a file called update-cm-7.1.0-rco-lg0ls670 i installed it the recovery screen from sd and rebooted and i can now see my screen! I was not able to do a hardboot i dont know why but my phone works so far. Im going to keep on reading to see if i can install a vm rom back into thru the recovery screen. this rocks! This should be a sticky for someone with a black screen as well!

im going to look for the file asap to put it up ^_^

Ugh, no, you are now using an Optimus S ROM. Is 3g working? Or, is anything really working for that matter? I would think the keys would be swapped and such. Once again, if you READ, you will see we have a good 8 CM7 ROMs for the Optimus V under the Rooting, ROMs, and hacks section of the forum.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

kjrayo18

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes everything works, 3g- wifi- all i need is to install gaps which i still havent figured out lol, and now it says sprint instead of virgin

Looks like mms isnt working,.. but thats ok as long as i can make calls and text. Im going to try and install a stock rom if anyone here can help me out i can pm them my vent info id really appreciate it

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes everything works, 3g- wifi- all i need is to install gaps which i still havent figured out lol, and now it says sprint instead of virgin

Looks like mms isnt working,.. but thats ok as long as i can make calls and text. Im going to try and install a stock rom if anyone here can help me out i can pm them my vent info id really appreciate it

Over on XDA in the Optimus V Android Development section there is a 100 percent stock ROM. You could use that.

kjrayo18

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I found one but it doesnt say its compatible with the new screens. Is the a rom you guys trust for the new screen lg optimus v? I thanked all of you guys btw :)

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
This is for CM7. It's better then stock and this is for the V, not for the S so it won't say sprint.

1. Go Here: https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary
2. Scroll down to the ROMs for the optimus V, and choose your ROM. I recommend Backside, Mrg666, or BobZhome. Download the one you want, and place it on your phone's SD card.
3. Go here: Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki
4. Download the google apps for CM7. ONLY CM7! Put those on your SD Card.
5. Boot into recovery. I'm assuming you have a working recovery now, correct? If not, follow these instructions: https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/IHO-Recovery This recovery works with newer OV screens
6. Scroll to backup/restore, and backup your current ROM, since you know it works, this way you have a fallback.
7. Wipe Cache & Dalvik-cache in recovery. Dalvik is under advanced.
8. Format system, data, and cache
9. Scroll to install zip from SD Card, and flash the ROM file.
10. IMMEDIATELY AFTER, flash the google apps using the install zip from SD Card.
11. Reboot using the option in recovery
12. First boot will take awhile. Be patient.

kjrayo18

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I installed bobzhome and it works great and is super fast. I also installed the gapps! Ah reading is! knowledge lol thanks for all your help guys! you guys rockkkkk!

Last edited:

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I installed bobzhome and it works great and is super fast. I also installed the gapps! Ah reading is! knowledge lol thanks for all your help guys! you guys rockkkkk!

Glad to help and enjoy your new phone :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87