scrolling technique bad? or phone?

jeffbiz

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
After 9 months, I still have great difficulty getting some screens to scroll (the page with all of the icons on it that you can drag to the home page; where installed icons go). I can try 20 times before getting it to scroll once. No problem with the home page, though. This particular page, today was the first time I got it to scroll.

I don't want to highjack this stock Optimus V. Is it my technique, or is something wrong? Indian tech support cannot help. It's odd that I never have problems with the home page.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
you mean the app drawer.

and its most likely a problem with the stock software.

i assume by "highjack" you mean root and ROM it.

well, tough luck buddy becuase its almost certain that that will fix it.

you can always try factory reset as long as its stock. see what that does. other than that, probably a stock software bug, cant be hardware.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you running a screen protector, some can really de-sensetize the screen. The ones sold at Best Buy especially can do that.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
oh. derp.

try installing "Launcher Pro" from the android market.

its a home app thats similar to what u already know how, it has more features, you dont HAVE to use it and it WONT replace the one u already have.

just install it, its free, and see if the problem happens inside launcher pros app drawer.

if it does, its probably a ROM issue.

if it does NOT happen, probably a buggy home app. try clearing the data of your home app and trying again. you can continue to use launcher pro (its very good) or go back to the normal one you always use

jeffbiz

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I've had so many unresolved issues from the beginning. No issues were resolved by Virgin. I threw this junker out, switched to a Galaxy S ii from T-Moble, and from day one have had zero problems!