Micro SD Card Problems

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4GB SD card in my phone but will be upgrading to a 32GB one in a few days. How do I swap my SD card information from the 4GB to the 32GB so that when I plug the 32GB into my phone, all my apps load up? Please note that my current SD card utilizes a 512MB sd-ext partition. I want to maintain an identical copy of the card so that the phone does not even know I switched...with the exception of the increase in storage space of course. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

K

kobequintana

You could try to make an SD card backup on computer and restore it to the new SD card

Sent from my LG-VM670

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Partition your new sd card with the same format as your current one. Make a nandroid backup. Copy the files from your current card to your PC, make sure you enable "view hidden folders"on your PC. Copy the files to your new card and insert into your phone. Boot into recovery and restore.

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Partition your new sd card with the same format as your current one. Make a nandroid backup. Copy the files from your current card to your PC, make sure you enable "view hidden folders"on your PC. Copy the files to your new card and insert into your phone. Boot into recovery and restore.

So to clarify, I have to make a backup of the whole phone system?

K

kobequintana

The problem with that is...as of now...I cannot see the sd-ext on my computer. How do I access that partition?

Idk I would open the sd card on the computer and copy everything to a folder tgats not on the sd card

~Vortex Corporation~

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So to clarify, I have to make a backup of the whole phone system?

When you restore the backup it will rewrite the ext partition, this restoring all your apps. I think you can do it all on your PC, but you will have to use Easus Mini Tool Partition Wizard (or something similar) to be able to see and copy the ext partition, Windows will not recognize an ext partition. So, the method I gave you seems to be the easiest.