ZV9 help

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I want to go back to stock rom and wanted to use the ZV9 update but I want to know about it first.
Like:
If I brick using it can I restore a nandroid backup
Dose every thing work like will i still have service dose 3g still work
Could I have a link to bobzhome recovery or is it the link he provides with his ICS rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
1) If I brick using it can I restore a nandroid backup
2) Dose every thing work like will i still have service dose 3g still work
3) Could I have a link to bobzhome recovery or is it the link he provides with his ICS rom

1) Probably not, I think it restores the bootloader to the stock one. You would need to root again and install the recovery
See this thread for additional information incase you bork your install http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...guide-unbrick-upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz.html

2) I don't understand this question

3) The link he provides for ICS is the same one, so use that one

Overall, I do not recommend the zv9 update, I think most people actually lose features. My phones would not overclock anymore reliable, until I went back to zv4. I recommend everyone stay at zv4 or zv5; zv9 is a waste and not worth the "update". I think even Virgin Mobile techs don't think it's good to update.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
1) Probably not, I think it restores the bootloader to the stock one. You would need to root again and install the recovery
See this thread for additional information incase you bork your install http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...guide-unbrick-upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz.html

2) I don't understand this question

3) The link he provides for ICS is the same one, so use that one

Overall, I do not recommend the zv9 update, I think most people actually lose features. My phones would not overclock anymore reliable, until I went back to zv4. I recommend everyone stay at zv4 or zv5; zv9 is a waste and not worth the "update". I think even Virgin Mobile techs don't think it's good to update.

OK thank you very much

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Forums Maintenance September 8th & 9th

Zv9 can be worth it for some. It's very much ymmv though. Some ppl see reception improvement and some get none and others have problems with it. If you wanted to try it you could still use sammys guide to return to zv5. I did use zv9 for quite a while and for me it pretty much did nothing.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Kool-Blue_2.3.3_V2.3 on LS670ZVJ Baseband

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok I did it it worked seem to hace benifit me but I can't seem to root with gingerbreak :confused:

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Gess I disnt think this one through :p

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Well at Least you've still got a fully functional phone. Just you'll need to find a friend with a computer to let you install your phone drivers and follow procedure to root zv9. It's not bad. It's just not as convenient as gingerbreak

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Baseband on Mandylion IHO ROM

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty