Virgin mobile minutes checker not working?

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
The minute checker app haven't been working for me. Anyone else experiencing this? Any alternative/easy way to check minutes?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Same here.
No.
We will just have to wait for the dev to update to compensate for whatever Virgin Mobile did to bork/block the functions of the app.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

graboszczak

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Seems like "Virgin Mobile Minute Checker" author has not updated the app for a while. I contacted him with no success. Surprisingly, Virgin Mobile also does not offer any app to manage your account.

Ultimately, I have started working on my own version. It is in google's play store under name "Virgin Mobile Minutes" (it has "V" and "m" letters in logo). It is free for everyone to enjoy. It is missing a widget for now - I will add it soon.

montysapps

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Check out the 'Minutes Checker Free' app by Monty Kamath in the Market. It has a widget and popups after calls and works with multiple accounts to check your Virgin Mobile USA Beyond talk minutes. Just search for 'Minutes Checker Free' and pick the one by Monty Kamath.

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
There are now two working Minutes Checker apps in Play Store that just launched in the past week. This one is better, IMO, since it's smaller, has no ads and shows data usage in the widget:

Virgin Mobile Minutes by Marcin Grabowski

The other one by Monty Kamath (now shows data usage but not in widget):

Minutes Checker Free by Monty Kamath

Both are better than Jay Goel's app ever was. I assume that Mr. Goel has pretty much given up on it.