Time to say good bye

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Its finally time to say good bye to the Optimus V forums. I upgraded to an unlocked TMobile GS2 on straight talk. After a month of nothing but solid service, the change is official. I have to say a massive thank you to this entire forum. The Optimus was a year out of date when it was released much less two years later and it still had one of the best communities that weren't Nexus best. But I'm moving on to bigger and better things.

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

LordAruko

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Its finally time to say good bye to the Optimus V forums. I upgraded to an unlocked TMobile GS2 on straight talk. After a month of nothing but solid service, the change is official. I have to say a massive thank you to this entire forum. The Optimus was a year out of date when it was released much less two years later and it still had one of the best communities that weren't Nexus best. But I'm moving on to bigger and better things.

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Any chance I could have that ov for dev testing?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Is this serious or a joke? I'm not trying to be rude, but I can't tell if it's ironic or sincere. (Based on upgrading to a 2 year old device 2-3 weeks before the S4 is available after saying that the Optimus V was a year out of date two years ago when it was released...)

EDIT: I really don't want to come off sounding judgmental, because I've often said that I believe that, "this is the one I wanted" is the most important stat in individual subjective decision making. For example, this past winter I recommended that my wife pickup a free Gnex instead of an S3, Note 2 or HTC DNA, because for the money it was in my opinion a much better value, despite being a year old (stock, no ugly buttons, nexus updates, and hardware specs to cost ratio were off the chart compared to the others).

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Is this serious or a joke? I'm not trying to be rude, but I can't tell if it's ironic or sincere. (Based on upgrading to a 2 year old device 2-3 weeks before the S4 is available after saying that the Optimus V was a year out of date two years ago when it was released...)

EDIT: I really don't want to come off sounding judgmental, because I've often said that I believe that, "this is the one I wanted" is the most important stat in individual subjective decision making. For example, this past winter I recommended that my wife pickup a free Gnex instead of an S3, Note 2 or HTC DNA, because for the money it was in my opinion a much better value, despite being a year old (stock, no ugly buttons, nexus updates, and hardware specs to cost ratio were off the chart compared to the others).

Not everyone has the money to get whipped by the major cell phone company. For me I would rather have a phone that's is a year old then pay $110 min to Verizon or AT&T for 24 months for just "free" phone and its not free because for me it's $55 more a month or a $1320 phone plus what ever you paid for it upfront. Right now I'm using a iPhone 4S on PagePlus for $55 half of what you would pay for on Verizon or AT&T.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not everyone has the money to get whipped by the major cell phone company. For me I would rather have a phone that's is a year old then pay $110 min to Verizon or AT&T for 24 months for just "free" phone and its not free because for me it's $55 more a month or a $1320 phone plus what ever you paid for it upfront. Right now I'm using a iPhone 4S on PagePlus for $55 half of what you would pay for on Verizon or AT&T.

Right... I was trying to say that I get the value proposition differences to different people for a myriad of reasons; I just am not sure if the OP was sarcastic or not. I *think* they are sincere, but it's stated in a way that seems ironic.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Right... I was trying to say that I get the value proposition differences to different people for a myriad of reasons; I just am not sure if the OP was sarcastic or not. I *think* they are sincere, but it's stated in a way that seems ironic.

Yeah but the Optimus V was outdated from the start and never got a since update at all and even though the SGS2 is old to some it's a worth wild upgrade if you have been using the Optimus V all this time.

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but the Optimus V was outdated from the start and never got a since update at all and even though the SGS2 is old to some it's a worth wild upgrade if you have been using the Optimus V all this time.

Actually the the ov did get an update the zv9 update

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non