HELP with going from GB to ICS on my Optimus V (AOKP Quattrimus)

Deepseeker25

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
So I'm kinda new at flashing custom roms and seems like I've tried everything to get the ICS AOKP Quattrimus to work properly but can't seem to figure out why my Optimus V crashes and constantly reboots (also happens in ICS Cyanogenmod 9). I'm tired of using the bland, boring Virgin Mobile stock rom so I want a new, cool, and customizable ROM! I also want more space on my phone for app d/l's, music, etc without the hassle of low storage.

Here's what I got

-Optimus V (VM670) Rooted
-8 GB Sandisk Ultra Micro SD HCI (with the number 1) so I believe this is a high speed 8 gb card, however it is currently close to maxed out.
-Two custom recoveries set up (COT and Zen Garden)
-Good download of the AOKP and GAPPS (md5 checked out)
-Partitioned SD card to ext3, 1059ish MB and 0 swap (using Zen Garden Recovery)

Every time I try to flash the rom, I wipe everything at least 3 times and use the wipe found in COT. I attempted to partition my SD card however not so sure if it worked because Link2SD won't recognize the partitions being mounted in stock rom (says Mount script cannot be created). I don't mess with Link2SD or any other partition program in AOKP b/c from what it says on their website AOKP is suppose to do that automatically. I've used COT partition manager to mount the SD-ext, but alas I'm still not sure if my card is properly partitioned and mounted.

I can only assume my problems with the SD card not being partitioned is the culprit of my issues with the ICS ROM crashing and rebooting constantly, but I'm also new to these things so I can't really say. Any advice and direction is greatly appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I'm kinda new at flashing custom roms and seems like I've tried everything to get the ICS AOKP Quattrimus to work properly but can't seem to figure out why my Optimus V crashes and constantly reboots (also happens in ICS Cyanogenmod 9). I'm tired of using the bland, boring Virgin Mobile stock rom so I want a new, cool, and customizable ROM! I also want more space on my phone for app d/l's, music, etc without the hassle of low storage.

Here's what I got

-Optimus V (VM670) Rooted
-8 GB Sandisk Ultra Micro SD HCI (with the number 1) so I believe this is a high speed 8 gb card, however it is currently close to maxed out.
-Two custom recoveries set up (COT and Zen Garden)
-Good download of the AOKP and GAPPS (md5 checked out)
-Partitioned SD card to ext3, 1059ish MB and 0 swap (using Zen Garden Recovery)

Every time I try to flash the rom, I wipe everything at least 3 times and use the wipe found in COT. I attempted to partition my SD card however not so sure if it worked because Link2SD won't recognize the partitions being mounted in stock rom (says Mount script cannot be created). I don't mess with Link2SD or any other partition program in AOKP b/c from what it says on their website AOKP is suppose to do that automatically. I've used COT partition manager to mount the SD-ext, but alas I'm still not sure if my card is properly partitioned and mounted.

I can only assume my problems with the SD card not being partitioned is the culprit of my issues with the ICS ROM crashing and rebooting constantly, but I'm also new to these things so I can't really say. Any advice and direction is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums!!
I have flashed many ROMs, albeit all on Samsung. I have never partitioned my SD card. Never needed to, and sometimes partitioning can add another data conflict and another variable if something goes wrong. Second, I have had the best luck on Clockwork Mod. I would flash either that or TWRP. Redownload the ROM and try to re flash.

So, My suggestion in order.
1. New SD card. 16GB, leave it alone. Place copy of desired ROM on SD card.
2. Flash CWM
3. Tutorial on CWM: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...00292-guide-how-use-your-custom-recovery.html
4. Create Nandroid.
5. Wipe cache, Dalvik, and factory reset.
6. Flash New ROM, with Gapps if applicable.
7. Reboot.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have to disagree.
I have two V's and have flashed every custom ROM and recovery for this phone (with the exception of one or two Froyo ROMs).

To the OP:
Link2SD will not work with Quattrimus. It has an sdext script already that automatically moves the apps to the sd partition (no user interface and no way to select apps to stay in internal storage). You could delete that script and then Link2Sd might work.

Stick with the ZenGarden recovery. Keep the zipped COT on the root of the sd card.

The best ROM for the V right now is the MiRaGe.
Get the entropy_n_rngd-tool for it as well (makes it crazy smooth).

The problem with the ICS and Jellybean ROMs is they originally where designed for phones with way more available RAM, with far better processors.
The V just doesn't have what it takes. No matter how hard the developers for our phone try.

I have the MiRaGe ROM with the entropy tool flashed and Link2SD.
My entropy value is in the very high 3000 and sometimes reaches 4000.
I have 94 apps downloaded and installed with 118.84MB of internal storage still left.
I have never had any fc's or glitches.
Note: I also use Fast Reboot to safely close all apps, then only reopen those apps that need to run in the background. I do this when my RAM gets below 55%.
I also use SD Maid Pro for all my cleaning needs (this also frees up RAM).

With the MiRaGe ROM you will need to convert the sd partition to ext.4. This can be done with the ZenGarden recovery (you will not lose data on FAT32 partition).
Go to Advanced Options/Utilities/Partition Manager/Convert Partition/ext4

If yot just have to have ICS on your phone then go to the S All Things Root forum and try thekravens COLD as Ice ROM (there is a patch for our phones in the second post). You will need to format the sd partition to ext.4.
You can delete the sdext script to make Link2SD work.

Try the MiRaGe first, then ICS and Jellybean. You will be reflashing the MiRaGe when it's all said and done.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The JBC ROM runs as good as any other ROM on Here with the new kernel

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

cb1100

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Andy, It looks like ZenGarden is no longer available. Are there any other recovery programs that you like. I have Titanium Backup on my VM670 now. Would love to try the Mirage rom. (first time flasher) Thanks,

cb1100

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Also, when I click on the mirage link to download, I get directed to Mediafire, which says file is no longer available. What is the best source for Mirage rom?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87