Extremely slow/low quadrant scores?

SweetBearCub

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does the Virgin Mobile USA/LG Optimus V seem much slower than a Sprint/LG Optimus S?

I hard reset the phone and downloaded quadrant standard from the market.

If I recall, from when I had a Sprint/LG Optimus S, it got quadrant scores in the 8xx range completely stock - Higher after rooting and enabling JIT and other optimizations.

The Virgin Mobile USA/LG Optimus V is supposedly identical to the Optimus S hardware wise, except that the screen is made of plastic (though I can't be sure), that the logo on the menu button is different, and if I recall, the home and menu buttons are reversed.

However, it scored 475 and 480 on 2 successive quadrant tests. Why did it score so much lower; and how can it be fixed?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Mines was snappy... very snappy... however I got a 500, I don't really care too much about Quadrant because it stirs up false hope, the device is fast, no? The device can do as intended and well for 150 dollars, right? Then the numbers don't matter.

This thing works well for a device that only costs 150 dollars... 25 dollars a month? This thing is a steal, and if Quadrant is telling you that the device is slow, then ask yourself if it IS slow, then you can decide whether the device is different from the others.

SweetBearCub

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to get into some philosophical debate about whether it feels slow. The point is, I know that it is capable of much higher performance, and that something is holding it back, I want to find out what its holding it back and free it.

olmos.lalo

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an Optimus S and I scored 479. S=V , you probably turned stagefright on using the deluxe buildprop which increased the score to a false 800 score. Don't use Quadrant to measure performance its score can be inflated, use Linpack.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah when you turn on stagefright the H.264 test is skipped, which can inflate the score to 800-1200 depending on overclock.