switching from thunder recovery to clockwork?

joryb

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, im using thunder recovery and Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2) and am wanting to switch to aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.3 / CM7 with clockwork recovery, people seem to get higher OC speeds on it. I was wondering if i just delete all the thunder recovery images then use the android sdk to put clockwork on it? Im completely confused about changing from one recovery console to another.

;)Thanks for your help

Nit3H8wk

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't use clockworkmod recovery as it always gets me stuck in a recovery loop. I use xionia recovery as it also has a fix for the recovery loop.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
...I was wondering if i just delete all the thunder recovery images then use the android sdk to put clockwork on it?

By "thunder recovery images", do you mean NAND backups? I'd recommend you hold on to those in case you decide to switch back to thunder.

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I would use Zefie's Clockwork Recovery image.

It allows you to use all of your old backups in an emergency, and will flash the aospCM7 mod just fine.

For whatever reason, links to this site seem to be broken... Copy/paste was the only way I could get it to work.
[rl]http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/61431-xionia-goodies-optimus-v-edition.html[/url]

Edited in the link for Xionia Clockwork Recovery.

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to flash over your recovery in order to use the clockwork recovery and ext3/4. Here is a "fake flash" version:[Recovery] Customized CWM 3.0.1.3 fake-flash with ext4 support (03/06/2011) - xda-developers

You rename it update.zip. Put it on your microsd. When you need to partition, back up, or restore a CM7 rom, you simply use your own recovery and press "install update.zip". That will load you into the fake CWM 3 recovery where you can do all the tasks you want. When you reboot, your old recovery will still be there.