My phone is bricked, even though it still boots into recovery

NoRefill

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Im not joking. Completely serious. Ive tried everything to no avail. Ive read in places online that a android phone that atleast boots into recovery mode is not bricked, but I think I have the one exception. It doesnt help that, when in ADB shell, su is not found. It also doesnt help that my fastboot mode seems to be broken... :(
If anybody thinks they know a way I may not have tried, by all means share, but I think ive exhausted all options lol.

I did the all to common "Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset" with a custom recovery...and down the bricked road we go...

This was my first android phone, but it will definitely not be my last because the one good thing that came out of my countless hours of searching for an answer to my problem was that I now know a lot about flashing, recoveries, roms, and just the whole thing in general. An expensive way to learn though...

NoRefill

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I was able to change my recovery and flash a new rom with the tool you proveded (thanks alot!) but Im still stuck in a recovery mode loop. Heres what I did: I flashed a new rom with your tool, rebooted device and ended up back in recovery, I then flashed a rom, and rebooted device again but ended up right back in recovery..
Any suggestion? Thanks again for your help so far

NoRefill

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so the first flash I did just brought me back to the same problem (which prompted my previous post) so I decided to flash another recovery just to make sure and I rebooted....right into Android!

You have no idea how relieved I am. Thank you so much!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You might like to post which recovery helped you, for the benefit of others who read this thread later. ;)

daddy4life09

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem...you need to make sure your drivers for fastboot are installed...once you get those up and going and complete the root with fastboot method..you need to download rom tools and use that to install a new recovery will finally fix your recovery bootloop issue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non