Has anyone upgraded the navigation voice on the LG Optimus V? The default is not great, any advice would be appreciated.
    06-29-2011 08:18 AM
    Try downloading extra speech engines and voices. The default voice can sometimes be hard to understand.
    06-29-2011 11:39 AM
    I use svox classic, only thing is that you have to buy a voice pack to use it. It doesn't come with one by default. Program is free. I like the UK female voice pack.
    Bigbopster likes this.
    06-29-2011 12:48 PM
    I use svox classic, only thing is that you have to buy a voice pack to use it. It doesn't come with one by default. Program is free. I like the UK female voice pack.
    When you download SVOX Classic (required to use voicepacks) you can sample the different voices. I went with US Grace

The voice packs are like US$2.99 each

First thing I ever purchased on the market. Still glad I did as I can understand what its saying now lol.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.svox.classic
    Bigbopster likes this.
    06-29-2011 01:01 PM
    Do these voices say street names like the default does? I have CoPilot and only the "robotic" voices can read street names, the rest can only say "turn left here" and that sort of thing.
    06-29-2011 01:42 PM
    Telenav is nice, especially for free.

Getting it can be a hassle, but, it's free (and legal).
    Once you have it, the market will update it.
    06-29-2011 04:25 PM
    [HL]
    Telenav is nice, especially for free.

Getting it can be a hassle, but, it's free (and legal).
    Once you have it, the market will update it.
    [/HL]

Googled TeleNav but could only find a free 30 day trial...how to get it free? Thanks in advance LeslieAnn!

Never mind...had to search a little deeper...thanks for the information LeslieAnn!
    06-30-2011 08:42 PM
    Do these voices say street names like the default does? I have CoPilot and only the "robotic" voices can read street names, the rest can only say "turn left here" and that sort of thing.
    They do street names.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-30-2011 10:51 PM
    Telenav can be found on the XDA site under Sprint Nav.
    07-01-2011 11:42 AM
    Telenav can be found on the XDA site under Sprint Nav.
    Thanks for the pointer. I found it here: GPS Navigator gets you and gets you there. Install TeleNav Now. but it doesn't know about the Optimus V (or S). What device should I claim to be in order for it to work?

LG devices it supports are GelatoQ and LG-LS855.

Thanks,

Michael
    07-05-2011 10:44 AM
    I copied the apk to my sdcard, then used a file manager to install it.
    07-05-2011 04:40 PM
    For those that got telenav working, does it give full turn by turn directions? The version I d/l'd and installed only gives me basic directions, and tries to get me to upgrade to Premium to get full navigation.
    07-21-2011 07:53 PM
    Mine does turn by turn, but I haven't checked it lately, they may have changed it.
    07-22-2011 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD