Navigation Voice upgrade??

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I use svox classic, only thing is that you have to buy a voice pack to use it. It doesn't come with one by default. Program is free. I like the UK female voice pack. :)

Reactions: Bigbopster

justinaz#AC

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I use svox classic, only thing is that you have to buy a voice pack to use it. It doesn't come with one by default. Program is free. I like the UK female voice pack. :)

When you download SVOX Classic (required to use voicepacks) you can sample the different voices. I went with US Grace :)

The voice packs are like US$2.99 each

First thing I ever purchased on the market. Still glad I did as I can understand what its saying now lol.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.svox.classic

Reactions: Bigbopster

lizm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Do these voices say street names like the default does? I have CoPilot and only the "robotic" voices can read street names, the rest can only say "turn left here" and that sort of thing.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Telenav is nice, especially for free.

Getting it can be a hassle, but, it's free (and legal).
Once you have it, the market will update it.

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Telenav is nice, especially for free.

Getting it can be a hassle, but, it's free (and legal).
Once you have it, the market will update it.

Googled TeleNav but could only find a free 30 day trial...how to get it free? Thanks in advance LeslieAnn!

Never mind...had to search a little deeper...thanks for the information LeslieAnn!

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Do these voices say street names like the default does? I have CoPilot and only the "robotic" voices can read street names, the rest can only say "turn left here" and that sort of thing.

They do street names.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
For those that got telenav working, does it give full turn by turn directions? The version I d/l'd and installed only gives me basic directions, and tries to get me to upgrade to Premium to get full navigation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty