Relocked and updated to 4.0.3...now what?

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I followed the Superguide [on XDA] and other help to return to locked and I've updated to Android 4.0.3. The software build is 3.26.502.56 710RD. The kernel is 3.0.16-g1739124 if that matters. The device is S-On and the Hboot version is 1.85.0025. I had tried to update the Hboot following the Superguide, and had flashed the "fastboot erase cache" and "fastboot oem rebootRUU" without issue but when I flashed "fastboot flash zip jb_hboot.zip" got a failure (remote: not allowed). I had also followed the superguide to push Vivid_CWM_Root_VER2 to the device and that worked. However, I haven't been able to successfully flash anything from that recovery.

I checked root status with a root checker app, and I was rooted. I tried to GooManager to install TWRP on the device because I have 2 very dead batteries and wanted to charge while off. GooManager was unable to install TWRP. I tried (in CWM mentioned above) to flash other recoveries, but none stuck. After all of the above, I relocked and ran HTC's RUU utility to the 3.26.502.56 state I mentioned above.

I do not intend to get all flash happy with this device, I just want to get it rooted with a newer recovery that will let me charge in an off state. Of course, I want to have the latest (stable) Android ROM. But, I don't know if I need S-Off, an updated Hboot, or any of the other options in the Superguide.

This device got replaced by a Galaxy S4, so it isn't my daily carry. I didn't do much with this device when it was. I had only unlocked and rooted it when it was on Android 2.3.4. I'm reviving this to be used as a backup device.

Thanks for anything you can give me!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
If your're still on here, my phone has a RA-Based recovery on it, and my phone will stay off when I'm charging it. Must be an S-OFF thing, because my brother's Inspire 4G/Desire HD is S-OFF'd and he has to keep his phone on in order to charge it. But if you need help rooting and modding, I'm the guy! Just message me and I'll send you links to guides that I used (and made) to help you out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress