How to Make Android Look Like an iPhone

JDR

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the great video. I use an HTC Eric and I am having trouble getting ADW Launcher to recognize the full range of widgets that I have - when i go build my various screens and I try to 'add-->widget', many of them do not appear on the list. Is there some specific type/category of widget that ADW will or will not recognize?

R3Z

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the great video. I use an HTC Eric and I am having trouble getting ADW Launcher to recognize the full range of widgets that I have - when i go build my various screens and I try to 'add-->widget', many of them do not appear on the list. Is there some specific type/category of widget that ADW will or will not recognize?

Since you're on an Eris, you're most likely talking about the HTC widgets, which only work when using Sense. Therefore they will not show up when using ADW Launcher or any other Launcher for that matter.

cyraxx

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Probably not the best place to ask, but I LOVE the live wallpaper you're using in that video. Any idea where I could get it for the Captivate?

R3Z

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Probably not the best place to ask, but I LOVE the live wallpaper you're using in that video. Any idea where I could get it for the Captivate?

lol its just the default Nexus live wallpaper. If its not on the Captivate, go search in the market for NexusMod

ncsttsccr#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
if you don't mind me asking, is that a widget or an app you have at the beginning of the video that has many of the functions of the stock android power control widget...you have yours with white icons and more icons at that including the battery meter

R3Z

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
if you don't mind me asking, is that a widget or an app you have at the beginning of the video that has many of the functions of the stock android power control widget...you have yours with white icons and more icons at that including the battery meter

Painkiller is right. Its SwitchPro. Here's the demo I did of it.

SwitchPro Widget Demo

kiolbasa1

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
hey dj would you mind posting the link to the icon pack that you found? I tried a few packs that i found on google, and i moved them to the DCIM folder so that they would show up as pics, but bettercut refused to let me use them. Thanks.

kiolbasa1

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to keep buggin you dj, but I have another question. I really like the way your iphone mock looks, which is why i'm still trying to make this work. I downloaded your icon pack, ADW luancher, and I've had Better Cut for awhile. I tried to add an activity and Better Cut refuses to use any of the icons for shortcuts. I choose the option to pick a picture, and when i pick the picture it just reverts back to the original icon. Could this be some sort of restriction set up with my Droid X?

R3Z

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to keep buggin you dj, but I have another question. I really like the way your iphone mock looks, which is why i'm still trying to make this work. I downloaded your icon pack, ADW luancher, and I've had Better Cut for awhile. I tried to add an activity and Better Cut refuses to use any of the icons for shortcuts. I choose the option to pick a picture, and when i pick the picture it just reverts back to the original icon. Could this be some sort of restriction set up with my Droid X?

Its no problem man, I always wanna help :)

I don't think its a problem with your phone. There aren't really any permissions or anything that are needed. It could just be some problem it has with the Droid X that the developer is gonna have to fix. Send the developer an email explaining the problem.

Does anyone else have a Droid X and have seen problems with Better Cut?