Anyone still here

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm contemplating getting a v8 pro, as they are as low as $120 now. I recently switched from vzw to cricket and my moto Z play doesn't have band 12 or 17 so it's just getting H+. I'm trying to decide between this or the honor 7x. I'm liking the v8 because the front fingerprint sensor, battery, and hopefully able to use mobile Hotspot without a carrier check. I'm OK with it being on 6.0 still. So who's still here using one? What's your thought after having it for a while?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
First things, I’m MizWylie!

Anywho, I wouldn’t recommend trying to use your new phone as a mobile hotspot “without a carrier check” because Cricket has recently updated their sytems to catch unauthorized hotspot use much quicker than before. If they catch you in action they will suspend your service after giving you notice, but have the right to without.

Unfortunately, for the tech afficiandos out there, the phones currently offered for hotspot capability by Cricket just aren’t up to the standards people expect. On the other hand, Cricket Wireless is a prepaid service to begin with.

In my opinion, I think the V8 is a good fit as far as an unlocked phone that can be used on the CW network, but you’ll likely not be able to use it as a hotspot. I’ll post a list of the phones available from Cricket themselves that are available for hotspot usage, and if you have any more questions or issues feel free to ping me!

https://www.cricketwireless.com/sup...tspot/customer/hotspot-compatible-phones.html

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
First things, I’m MizWylie!

Anywho, I wouldn’t recommend trying to use your new phone as a mobile hotspot “without a carrier check” because Cricket has recently updated their sytems to catch unauthorized hotspot use much quicker than before. If they catch you in action they will suspend your service after giving you notice, but have the right to without.

Unfortunately, for the tech afficiandos out there, the phones currently offered for hotspot capability by Cricket just aren’t up to the standards people expect. On the other hand, Cricket Wireless is a prepaid service to begin with.

In my opinion, I think the V8 is a good fit as far as an unlocked phone that can be used on the CW network, but you’ll likely not be able to use it as a hotspot. I’ll post a list of the phones available from Cricket themselves that are available for hotspot usage, and if you have any more questions or issues feel free to ping me!

https://www.cricketwireless.com/sup...tspot/customer/hotspot-compatible-phones.html
Thank you for the quick reply and detailed answer. I appreciate it. I'll take a look at the list you provided.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I've had the phone for a week now, everything was going great until this morning. Woke up to the phone being powered off and will not turn back on. Looks like its going back to amazon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non